Funny Enough

After just posting yesterday DH and I discussed names and think we may have hit the nail on the head already.

Girl- [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Valora[/name]

Boy- [name]Rylan[/name] [name]James[/name] ( wasn’t on the list yesterday, we just remember that we like it alot) We still like [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] quite a bit but last name is [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]…is a little much.

Thoughts?

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Valora[/name] is stunning! I love it! Not a fan of [name]Rylan[/name]; I much prefer [name]Ryan[/name]. I like [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] though :slight_smile:

[name]Love[/name] your girl pick! I don’t mind [name]Rylan[/name] - it’s not my style, but it’s a nice name. I wouldn’t do a middle name of J with a J last name. I stumbled a bit when reading it.

So it sounds like everyone likes [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Valora[/name] but not [name]Rylan[/name] [name]James[/name].

Is there a set reason why or just not your style? Middle name is after DH who has [name]James[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] as middle and last name

I guess because it seems like they are very different styles.

[name]Daphne[/name] seems very classical with a fun twist, and very gender specific.
[name]Rylan[/name] seems extremely trendy and rather unisex.

Would [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] sound more along the same lines? I love [name]Rylan[/name] but I do know a girl who recently named her daughter Rhylynn…I say both names the same =/

I agree with the pp about the different styles; even knowing that Rylan is not made-up, it looks like Ryan-but-I-want-to-use-something-different to me. I do think [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] are more in line (i.e. great) with each other. If you love the sound of [name]Rylan[/name], though, I like [name]Ryland[/name] as a less trendy version (more of a surname look than a modified [name]Ryan[/name]).