So, I opened up one of my stories that I started writing about four years ago and haven’t written on in two and a half. I thought the plot actually sounded decent (surprise!), so I am resuming this story.
The main character is [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] (*[name_f]Evie[/name_f]). She and a couple others (about 17,18 yro) are sent to an island because they contradicted the (corrupt) government. The government has set everyone (except for the ones currently named marked with a star) under a sort of mind-control system. It is set in the future, where most things are done online or on a screen and guns can only stun people for a day or two. While on the island, they are recruited by a secret society to help reform the government.
Names: *Terr (real name [name_m]Terrence[/name_m]), *[name_u]Piper[/name_u] (r n Nakoma), [name_m]Peter[/name_m], *[name_m]Zane[/name_m], *[name_m]Mac[/name_m], *[name_f]Anna[/name_f], Kalye, Jenya, [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_u]Evan[/name_u] (and a ton of unnamed people who could use some)
Futuristic names are fine, but they can be popular names now, too. Whatever floats your boat (I have everything from Nakoma to [name_f]Anna[/name_f]).
Names for: [name_f]Anna[/name_f]'s best friend - very bubbly, optimistic, not super bright
- [name_f]Evie[/name_f]'s younger brother (she has an older brother named [name_u]Evan[/name_u]) - innocent, somewhat withdrawn, fairly average
- Several names for a couple of government officials - all very solemn, rude, under the government’s mind control system (one woman, three men - these aren’t as important as the others, but since I’m doing this I figured I might as well include them)
- [name_m]Zane[/name_m]'s younger brother - good-looking, not really modest, somewhat resistant to the government’s system (still under its hold), twin to [below]
- [name_m]Zane[/name_m]'s younger sister - [twin to above], laid-back, around 14 yro, never dedicated to anything of importance
- [name_f]Evie[/name_f]'s parents - somewhat controlling, especially under government’s control, a bit more “old-fashioned” (According to their terms - people born in the 2000’s would be grandparents to them), generally both nice people, though
As a side note, if anyone has any suggestions for the name of the government system, that would be great. I have been thinking (I remember literally not getting much sleep several nights because my mind was trying to find a name) for a long time and cannot seem to come up with one. They are controlling, power-hungry, corrupt, and will kill any resistant to their system. Beyond that, have fun! [If you have no ideas, that is perfectly fine because I haven’t for the past four years]
Thank you in advance if you have suggestions!