G and T names

Hello all! I’m back and pregnant with my second. You all were so helpful with the first, that I thought to come here with our newest naming issue.

It’s a family trend to name a child with the initials “G.T.” We bucked this trend with our first child, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]; however, my husband is determined to follow tradition with the second. We don’t know gender yet. However, we’re pretty sure that if it’s a boy, his name will be [name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_m]Tanner[/name_m]. We’re stuck on girl names, for both the “G” and the “T.”

For the G, we would prefer to not have any variation of [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], or [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. We tend to like familiar, yet not too popular names. The name has to pass the supreme court judge test. The current winning name is [name_f]Grace[/name_f], although we’re slightly bored by it.

For the T, we like [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], but not in love with it.

Please help!

[name_f]Gillian[/name_f], [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f], [name_f]Geneva[/name_f], [name_f]Gail[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Gemima[/name_f], [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], [name_f]Gisele[/name_f], [name_f]Greta[/name_f], [name_u]Gray[/name_u], [name_u]Grady[/name_u]

[name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_f]Tenley[/name_f], [name_f]Tessa[/name_f], [name_f]Therese[/name_f], [name_f]Tia[/name_f], [name_f]Tova[/name_f], [name_f]Thandie[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Taya[/name_f], Téa, [name_f]Tamar[/name_f]

My favourite with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_f]Tessa[/name_f]. Although [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u] sounds lovely too! Call her [name_u]Gray[/name_u] or [name_f]Gracie[/name_f] to spice it up?

[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]
[name_f]Gracia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_u]Galen[/name_u]/[name_f]Galina[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Thaddea[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Thisbe[/name_f]

Thanks for the picks! Very helpful :slight_smile: I forgot to add - nothing in the [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f] family either (close friend with that name).

None of quite striking as “it” yet, though. These are tough initials (which is why we bucked the tradition the first time around, lol).

My favourite G name is [name_f]Greta[/name_f], but with a ‘T’ middle name this might be a little T-heavy.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Greer[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginger[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_u]Gerry[/name_u]
[name_f]Gracie[/name_f]

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Tuesday[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tulip[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]
[name_f]Teresa[/name_f]
[name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]

Some combos:

[name_f]Ginger[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]

[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_f]Tiffany[/name_f]

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]

[name_f]Garnet[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f]

[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] are gorgeous together! I also love [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Thora[/name_f], and [name_f]Tess[/name_f] (maybe better as a nickname next to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]). Does [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] have a nickname? [name_u]Penny[/name_u] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] & [name_f]Tess[/name_f], or [name_f]Tessa[/name_f] & [name_f]Nell[/name_f] would all be really cute! I also think [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] could go nicely.

I’m just realizing that I guess T would be the middle initial. Unless you’re willing to switch it up to T.G.? Tradition with a twist.

For G’s, you’ve ruled out a lot of my favorites. [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] would be lovely together.

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] would be pretty. And for reversed initials, [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and GT:

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_f]Gladys[/name_f]
[name_f]Gillian[/name_f] (sounds just like [name_f]Jillian[/name_f])
[name_f]Glenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Terese[/name_f] (ta-[name_u]REESE[/name_u])
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Teresa[/name_f]
my favorites below:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Tanith[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_f]Teresa[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] and [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] [name_f]Terese[/name_f]

feel free to mix and match, just put together names I thought sounded nice.

[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f] [name_u]Teagan[/name_u]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f] [name_f]Taisie[/name_f]

[name_f]Giada[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Giada[/name_f] [name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_f]Giada[/name_f] [name_u]Taj[/name_u]

[name_f]Garnet[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Garnet[/name_f] [name_f]Tanwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f] [name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Giovanna[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]

[name_f]Gina[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gina[/name_f] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Gina[/name_f] [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Thandie[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Tanwen[/name_f]

[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Tanwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Tawny[/name_f]

[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_f]Tanis[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f] [name_f]Tesla[/name_f]

I am trying not to repeat but that is hard :slight_smile:

[name_u]Gavi[/name_u] (it is a short form of [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] but I don’t think most people know that)
[name_f]Gracelyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] - I just think this goes so well with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].
[name_f]Gisele[/name_f]

[name_u]Tierney[/name_u]
[name_f]Tinsley[/name_f]
[name_f]Taya[/name_f]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_f]Tori[/name_f]
[name_f]Tierra[/name_f]

My favourite G and T names are [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] and [name_f]Talitha[/name_f].

Aside from those what about:

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]
[name_u]Galen[/name_u]/[name_u]Galyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Genessa[/name_f]
Garen
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertie[/name_f]
[name_f]Giselle[/name_f]/[name_f]Gisella[/name_f]
[name_f]Greer[/name_f]/[name_f]Grier[/name_f]

[name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Twyla[/name_f]/[name_f]Twila[/name_f]
[name_f]Tansy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thessaly[/name_f]
[name_f]Theresa[/name_f]/[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]/[name_f]Tilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
[name_f]Titania[/name_f]
[name_f]Trixie[/name_f]

Of these my favourite combos are [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f].

Hmm, this is tough. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your first choice, [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f], by the way!! For G names, I quite like…

[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Gillian[/name_f] (pronounced liked [name_f]Jillian[/name_f])
Gilberta
Graciella (is this a real name?)
[name_f]Ginny[/name_f]

For T names, I love…

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (I double this!!)
[name_f]Terra[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]
Tobia
[name_u]True[/name_u]/[name_u]Truth[/name_u]

And my favorite combinations of these names are…

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] & [name_f]Gloria[/name_f] [name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] & [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_f]Terra[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] & [name_f]Ginny[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helped and good luck!

Thank you all very much for your help. Many names were posted that we hadn’t thought about before. I’m looking forward to sitting down with my husband to comb through them all.

Whoops, just realized almost all of my suggestions were previously mentioned! Well then I second them :slight_smile:

Hmmm I really wanted to help but G and T names are not limitless so most of my suggestions was posted already :slight_smile:
I have a distant cousin named [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]; her sister’s middle name is [name_f]Giulia[/name_f], so it’s a way to use [name_f]Julia[/name_f] but with a G! - or [name_f]Giuliana[/name_f].
[name_f]Gunilla[/name_f] is nice - tho it has Scandinavian feel to me; I love [name_f]Greer[/name_f] - but it was already suggested; [name_u]Gray[/name_u] is also nice, but doesn’t sound right with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]; other suggestions: [name_f]Gia[/name_f] / [name_f]Giada[/name_f], [name_f]Gerda[/name_f], [name_f]Gina[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f], [name_f]Gillian[/name_f], [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] and at the end, my personal favorite (after [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], which were rejected): [name_f]Gaynor[/name_f]. It’s just very appealing to me! It’s a form of [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].
As for T names, my favourite is [name_f]Taran[/name_f], followed by cousin [name_f]Tara[/name_f]. I also love [name_f]Tiana[/name_f] and [name_f]Tina[/name_f]… all short and simple. [name_f]Tamara[/name_f] would be daring choice for me; prev.mentioned [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] would make a sweet middle; other suggestions: [name_f]Thelma[/name_f], [name_u]Teagan[/name_u], [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], [name_f]Theresa[/name_f], [name_f]Tilda[/name_f], [name_f]Timea[/name_f] (my former manager), Téa, [name_f]Trish[/name_f], [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] (although love it for boys) and [name_f]Theone[/name_f].
Uff, hope I helped a little and haven’t repeated everything after others. Good luck with it!

You don’t care for my favorite G names. What jumps out from suggestions are:

[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

It’s not that we don’t care for them, it’s just that they have been ruled out for one reason or another (close friend with that name, another new baby with that name, etc.) Some have also been ruled out because of their associated nicknames (Jenny, Jill, etc.). I fight the nickname battle with DD1 (not a fan of the nn “Penny”), so I’m going to try to avoid that battle with the second. Just thought that I would put the rule-outs right up front. I appreciate all of your help!

[name_f]Giselle[/name_f] [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f]
[name_f]Gavrielle[/name_f] Tonish
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f] [name_f]Talitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Gia[/name_f] [name_f]Tempest[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Gaia[/name_f] for you because it shares the Greek with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f].

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] is a beautiful name, if it’s the top contender I hope your love for it can grow. While it’s a lot simpler than [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is gaining popularity so it’s not like they’re terribly mismatched in familiarity.

I think [name_f]Geneva[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] are nicely matched to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] in length and elegance.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] also shares Greek origins with [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]. I can’t remember if you said you’d ruled that out.

Those are tough letters. I am sure most of the G names have already been used in the past.
Switching it up would be a cool twist.
I don’t think these names were mentioned:

[name_f]Glynis[/name_f]
[name_f]Gen[/name_f]ève
[name_f]Gretel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ginette[/name_f]
[name_f]Gail[/name_f]

[name_f]Temperance[/name_f]
[name_f]Tempest[/name_f]
[name_u]True[/name_u]
[name_f]Tulip[/name_f]
[name_f]Tove[/name_f]
[name_f]Tatiana[/name_f]

[name_f]Glenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Gardener[/name_u] (I only know males, but I like how peaceful it feels)
[name_f]Guadelupe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretel[/name_f]
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]

My goodness that was difficult! I like [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] and [name_f]Gretchen[/name_f] as well (mentioned above).

[name_u]Tracy[/name_u]
[name_f]Tomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tamara[/name_f]
[name_f]Tyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Tressa[/name_f]
[name_f]Trina[/name_f]
[name_f]Tyne[/name_f]
[name_f]Tasha[/name_f]

Good luck. Those are some tough initials and criteria, but I am certain there is a combo out there for you!