Gabe/Gabriel or Leon?

[name]Hi[/name]!

We are now about 8 weeks out and we still haven’t chosen a name for our little boy! Thanks to all you berries for your help so far!!

So this little boy will have [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] as siblings and our last name is 4 syllable Italian. We keep coming back to [name]Gabe[/name] at the top of our list (full name would be [name]Gabriel[/name] but hubby really like [name]Gabe[/name] so that is what he would be called most of the time!). I also came up with [name]Leon[/name] the other night. My husband likes it but is not completely convinced (neither of us mind the alliteration of the Ls with [name]Luca[/name] & [name]Leon[/name]…the boys will be 15 months apart - eek! - so that may be cute)…he’s not sure it is as strong as [name]Gabe[/name]. So which do you prefer - [name]Gabe[/name]/[name]Gabriel[/name] or [name]Leon[/name]?

As I have mentioned before, I’m not worried about a super Italian name to match with the last name…just don’t want it to sound odd with [name]Sofia[/name] & [name]Luca[/name]. As usual, suggestions are welcomed!! Names we have discounted are [name]Milo[/name], [name]Roman[/name], [name]Enzo[/name] (already used in fam), [name]Giovanni[/name] (already used in fam), [name]Rocco[/name], [name]Dante[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] (love but not convinced it sounds right), [name]Finn[/name] (again, love but not with the other 2).

HELP!

Tough choice! [name]Both[/name] are great, and you really can’t go wrong with either. In your case, however, I prefer [name]Gabriel[/name]. I know you’re not too concerned with how the three names sound together, but I really think [name]Gabriel[/name] sounds amazing with [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name]. I’m not the biggest fan of [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Leon[/name] because they’ve got a LOT of similarities- L names, 2 syllables, four letters, 2 vowels and 2 consonants, etc. But again, if you decide you like [name]Leon[/name] better, it’s still a great name!

I agree, I prefer [name]Gabriel[/name], I think it sounds great with [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name] (I love [name]Luca[/name], by the way). Personally, I don’t like [name]Leon[/name] at all.

[name]Giovanni[/name], [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Finn[/name]: Beautiful names, but I don’t think fit very well with [name]Sofia[/name] and [name]Luca[/name]. [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] doen’t have the same style as the other two and [name]Giovanni[/name] is too long, in my opinion.

I really, really like [name]Milo[/name]. I think [name]Sofia[/name], [name]Luca[/name] and [name]Milo[/name] make such a great set! They all have the name feel (short, ending in vowels) but are not matchy at all! I prefer it over [name]Gabriel[/name], I think. [name]Gabriel[/name] is a great name, but I really prefer it on a girl (that might be just me though, I know a lot of [name]Gabrielle[/name]'s) , even though I know it’s not the same pronouciation.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps, good luck!

I love the name [name]Gabriel[/name], and the nn [name]Gabe[/name] will be great with a long last name! I would consider this name for our child but our last name is only one syllable so I do not like the short nickname with our last name. However, it is a great Biblical name ([name]Gabriel[/name] was an angel!). [name]How[/name] cute!

[name]Gabriel[/name], nn [name]Gabe[/name], definitely! It’s such a strong, wonderful name. Also, whenever I hear [name]Leon[/name], I just think of [name]Leon[/name] [name]Phelps[/name], the Ladies [name]Man[/name] from SNL.

Thank you all so much for replies!! Whenever I’m having name anxiety I know I can come here and get some great guidance!!

OK, so [name]Gabe[/name] goes back to the top of the list! I wish I could convince my husband of [name]Milo[/name] but he won’t budge I’m afraid so another on bites the dust as they say!!

I like [name]Gabriel[/name]/[name]Gabe[/name] much better than [name]Leon[/name]. Another name that popped out to me as similar to [name]Gabriel[/name] but also a name that is or at least was used in [name]Italy[/name] a lot is [name]Raphael[/name]. It has some cool nicknames, too.