Gabriel nn Gable

What do you think?

I love it! That’s a great idea.

I love that nickname! The first time I read [name]Anne[/name] of [name]Green[/name] Gables, I immediately wanted to name one of my future sons [name]Gable[/name]. I really like the idea of having it as a nickname for [name]Gabriel[/name], though. This keeps the name versatile, with lots of nickname options too.

Best of luck!

I, too, love it! I prefer [name]Gabe[/name], as it feels a bit more down-to-earth, but I do really like [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gable[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m going to disagree with the others, sorry :slight_smile: I like [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Gable[/name] both as standalone names, but I don’t like [name]Gable[/name] as a nn for [name]Gabriel[/name] as it just doesn’t “fit” IYKWIM? I prefer [name]Gabe[/name] as the nn for both.

I love love love [name]Gabriel[/name]! Not not that big a fan of the nn [name]Gabe[/name]

I think it works, though I’d never have thought of it myself!

It’s not my thing, but if it works for you that’s cool. I think it’d be silly as a full name, but its fine as a nickname.

I love the idea of [name]Gabriel[/name] nn [name]Gable[/name]! [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Oak[/name] from Far from the Madding Crowd by [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Hardy[/name], which we read in school last year, was called [name]Gable[/name] sometimes (though I have a feeling it was more their local dialect than a deliberate nickname).

Really really like it :slight_smile:

Actually, get out of my head! Haha, throwing around [name]Gabriel[/name] as a frontrunner if this babys a boy but worried that I don’t dig [name]Gabe[/name]. [name]Gable[/name] works really nicely as an alternative [name]IMO[/name]!

I actually got the idea from watching this show about hauntings. not really my thing but the in laws are ghost crazy. Anyways this little kid kept talking to this ghost named [name]Gable[/name] and at the end they found this grave for [name]Gabriel[/name] who died back in the civil war.

Anyway I love [name]Gabriel[/name] but dislike [name]Gabe[/name] so I think this could be he solution.

Sounds very silly to me. Nicknames are supposed to be shorter, easier names to say as an alternative to a full name. [name]Gable[/name] is no easier and barely shorter than [name]Gabriel[/name]. I highly doubt he would go by [name]Gable[/name] when he’s older, because it just sounds a little ridiculous when his actual name is [name]Gabriel[/name]. Pretty certain he’d choose to be a “[name]Gabe[/name],” if anything.