Gatsby

I had a dream last night that I had a daughter named [name]Gatsby[/name].

I love the “The Great [name]Gatsby[/name]” and think this would be a unique choice. I dont think I would be brave enough to use it though! What are your thoughts? What middle names go well with this first name? Something feminine and classic I think.

p.s. i think the reason i dreamed this was bec. i heard yesterday that leo dicaprio and carrey mulligan are in talks to make the movie “The Great [name]Gatsby[/name]” … im excited to see it :slight_smile:

Hmm – I’m more charmed by the idea of the movie than the name? Something like that. Although I suppose a bold mother could pull this off. I agree it needs a classical, feminine middle for balance. Maybe [name]Gatsby[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]? [name]Gatsby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]?

I also think it would make a great middle name! If your daughter wants to go by it later then she’d have the option :slight_smile:

Hm. I see how this might work because [name]Gatsby[/name] is a literary surname and it is similar to the ever-popular [name]Gabby[/name], but I’m just not sold.

I do love The Great [name]Gatsby[/name], though, so why not use [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Fay[/name] ([name]Daisy[/name] [name]Buchanan[/name]'s maiden name), or [name]Jordan[/name]?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think its more suited for a boy’s name personally. I would love to meet a little boy named [name]Gatsby[/name]!

I think it is a charming name and I would love to meet a [name]Gatsby[/name]! I do think it sounds a little masculine, but that won’t stand out with today’s naming trends of people using boys names for their girls. [name]Gatsby[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is a great combo! I don’t think I would use [name]Gatsby[/name] myself, not because I would be scared to, but because I find it a little hard to say. I always test my names out by quickly saying this phrase “–fill in the blank–[name]DON[/name]'T TOUCH THAT!!!” :lol:

I agree with this, I think [name]Gatsby[/name] would make an absolutely adorable boys name, but I have a hard time seeing it on a girl. But then again I know a girl named [name]Gentry[/name] so I definitely think it’s possible if you really loved it :wink:

I like [name]Gatsby[/name] as a nickname only for a girl. I think it is too limiting as a proper name for a girl.

So what about [name]Margaret[/name], nickname [name]Gatsby[/name]? lol too much of a stretch??
[name]Agatha[/name]?