Gavin or Grayson?

See the results of this poll: Which do you like better?

Respondents: 27 (This poll is closed)

• Gavin Timothy: 13 (48%)
  • Grayson Mark: 14 (52%)

[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Timothy[/name], 100%. [name]Grayson[/name] is extremely trendy, being a two-syllable name with the long A sound in the first syllable and -on in the second. It doesn’t quite rhyme, but it fits into the whole [name]Aiden[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]/[name]Kaiden[/name]/[name]Jayden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name]/[name]Mason[/name]/[name]Cason[/name]/[name]Jason[/name]/[name]Peyton[/name] mold that is just woefully overdone. It’s even close to popular one syllable names like [name]Grace[/name] and [name]Chase[/name]. So while there may never be another [name]Grayson[/name] in his class, he’s bound to be confused with many other kids who have similar sounding names, and his name will seem dated by the time he’s an adult. For that reason, I’d go with [name]Gavin[/name]. [name]Gavin[/name] is in the top 100, but it sounds like very few other names. It’s a lot more interesting to me, without being over the top crazy. It really only has one possible spelling and the pronunciation is very obvious. It’s definitely the winner for me. I even like [name]Timothy[/name] more than [name]Mark[/name], though that’s just a personal preference.

As much as I don’t like [name]Grayson[/name], I still chose it over [name]Gavin[/name]. I know that [name]Grayson[/name] is trendy, but I just get a bad feeling about [name]Gavin[/name]. It sounds like it’s trying to hard to be cute and it ends up being annoying. Why not [name]Gage[/name]? That’s cuter!

I had to vote for [name]Grayson[/name]. [name]Gavin[/name] just sounds so harsh to me. [name]Grayson[/name] is softer but still masculine enough and it comes with a cool nn of [name]Gray[/name] too! All the best!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Gavin[/name]. It stands out, while [name]Grayson[/name] blends into the similar sounding trendy names (though of those names I think it is one of the better choices).

I prefer the combo [name]Grayson[/name] [name]Mar[/name]k. I especially love [name]Mark[/name] (and [name]Timothy[/name], my son’s name) that you are considering for middle names.