Gelasia?

I came across this name in a name book of mine, and was dazzled. The variations of the name listed [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], so I assumed it’s pronounced je-lay-see-uh. It looks pretty, sounds lovely, and means “inclined to laughter” in Greek. Plus it comes with lovely nickname [name_f]Lacy[/name_f] and even Gelly (she could be little Gelly [name_m]Bean[/name_m]!).

So, tell me, do you all like Gelasia as much as I do? I’m not sure if this is just a crush or if it has real potential…

I’ve never heard it before. I think it’s nice! I’m not a fan of [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], but Gelly is quite cute.

It doesn’t sound pretty to my ears. Whenever I see it, I want to say jeh-lay-sha (sort of similar to [name_f]Malaysia[/name_f]).

Not my couple of tea but still nice:) saw Odensia at a graveyard once.

Not keen at all. Gelasia just doesn’t look/ sound right to me.

It sounds pretty and rather fancy, but also rather fantasy story-like. I could see it working on a certain type of girl, someone who’s creative and artistic, a bit dreamy and romantic… but what if she doesn’t turn out like that? It’d be great on a character though. The “gela” part also makes me think of gelato though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m thinking about gelato too.

I don’t really like this name, it makes me think to much of Gelato. I much [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] or [name_f]Gisella[/name_f] or Gisellia.

Never heard it before, but it’s really nice and I adore Greek names. Also Gelly is an adorable nn for a little girl. We don’t really have gelato here, so I doubt anyone would be bothered, I’m not. :slight_smile:

Hm, I guess Gelasia isn’t as perfect as I thought. I’m still smitten and excited about it, though, I just realized that it’s on the first name list I ever made (I was probably like eleven). Thanks for the honesty, it really helps me get a realistic view if this name. Haha, I’ll admit it makes me think of gelato too, but is that really a bad thing?