Gemma... A sad naming conclusion

See the results of this poll: Is Gemma too close in sound to Emery Jane?

Respondents: 34 (This poll is closed)

• Yes: 22 (65%)
  • No: 12 (35%)

hmm…I don’t want to vote!

I’m thinking “yes”, but I also really like [name]Gemma[/name]! The style of [name]Gemma[/name] fits the style of [name]Emery[/name], but I would get SOO tongue-tied if I had to say the two names together. :frowning:

With the ‘em’ sound dominant in both, i would have to say they are they too similar. Sorry x

Unfortunately, I have to say yes it’s too close.

I hate when I realize these things… :frowning:

I am mourning the name [name]Gemma[/name] today! I am still not over the fact that I cannot use [name]Mabel[/name]!

No need to mourn. . . Use the name!! It’s gorgeous and matches the style of [name]Emery[/name]. I personally don’t think it’s difficult at all to say “[name]Emery[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]” . . . And remember, your children will spend the majority of their lives apart, so it’s not as tragic to have similiar names in the end as it may seem in the begining. If [name]Gemma[/name] has your heart, use it. It’s a name you should be fond of, after all it will dominate your conversation for the rest of your life. :slight_smile:

Wait. . . . Is [name]Gemma[/name] going to be a first name, and [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] the middle names? Or is [name]Gemma[/name] going to be the sister of [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? I don’t know it you had other posts about this, since I haven’t read any. . . . It’s hard to vote, since [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sound alike, because [name]Emery[/name] sounds like the “emma” in [name]Gemma[/name], and [name]Jane[/name] sounds like the “g” in [name]Gemma[/name]. . . . But I love the name too!

Good luck! :slight_smile: !!

I think [name]Gemma[/name] is a great sibling name for [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I don’t think they match at all. Yes, they share a sound, but so what …? It’s not like they rhyme, or have the exact same nickname, or are variations of the same name. I don’t see any problem at all. I say go for it.

It depends on whether [name]Emery[/name] becomes [name]Emma[/name] because then you have the [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Gemma[/name] problem.

I think it is too close.

What about [name]Avalon[/name] I think [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Avalon[/name] would be a great sibset?

Yes if [name]Emery[/name] becomes [name]Emma[/name] then you may have a little bit of a problem…if not then I think [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] are fine :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]! :slight_smile: I had to vote that they’re too similar, because [name]Gem[/name] and [name]Em[/name] rhyme. :frowning:

What are some of your other new favorites?

Take care! :slight_smile: