Gemma, Maisie, Georgia... Help!

We’ve been trying to settle on a name for baby #3 (a girl), and nothing is feeling quite right. My name is [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] and my husband’s name is [name_u]James[/name_u]. We have a son, [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u], and a daughter, [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Alice[/name_f]… He likes [name_m]Wild[/name_m] [name_u]West[/name_u] (aka stripper;)) names. I like old lady names. Last time around [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] was really the only one we could agree on!

Some of the names we like so far:

• [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] (we do know a few)
  • [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (too much of a boy convert?)
  • [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] (not pretty enough?)
  • [name_f]Louise[/name_f] (not sweet enough?)
  • [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] (too much of a nickname?)
  • [name_f]Rita[/name_f] (too many R’s with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]?)
  • [name_f]Luella[/name_f] (we love [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], but [name_f]Luella[/name_f] might be too much?)
  • [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (too cutesy matchy with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]?)
  • [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] (too common? too similar to [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]?)

Help! :wink:

My favorites are; [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], [name_f]Louise[/name_f], and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f].

I do think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a bit too similar to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], though I like the style. I love [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Louise[/name_f], but I think [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] might be closer to what you’re looking for (you could also use [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nickname, since you both love it!).

I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is the perfect name with [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]! I really love these as well:

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

Have you considered [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]? It would be perfect as well.

Thanks guys! It’s helpful to get outside perspective. I am finding it much tougher this time around, now that we already have other kid’s names to pair it with!

I don’t think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is too similar and love a [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] together! The only thing I will point out is if you have another girl you might feel a bit boxed in. Why not use [name_f]LuLu[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]? I also really like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] with [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] & [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. I really like both [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as well but not quite as much as the other two.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is by far my favorite, and lovely with your other kids. It’s sweet and earthy and lively all at once. It’s existed in the female form for hundreds of years, so I don’t think you should worry about it being masculine! [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would be my next choice - I think it complements [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and is not too similar to [name_f]Lily[/name_f] - especially considering there are many kids actually named the same thing as their parents! I like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] but not [name_f]Louise[/name_f] - and you could use [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] for either that or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]! [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] is another option.

Looking through your list, [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Camilla[/name_f] came to mind.

I’m loving [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Luella[/name_f]!! Have you covered these?

[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] and…
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Vanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Haven[/name_u]
[name_f]Harlow[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_u]Hadley[/name_u]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and [name_f]Luella[/name_f] are my favorite. [name_f]IMO[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] is a beautiful name that stands strong and I would want my other girl to have a name that’s just as strong :slight_smile:
I would try to pick something that isn’t too dainty so she feels like she can be as bold as a [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
[name_m]Just[/name_m] something for y’all to think about. Y’all have done great with your kids names!

My favourite is [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]!

Suggestions, in case you need them!
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f] / [name_f]Estella[/name_f] / [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] / [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] / [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]

• [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - This is a great name, but it could run into the same problem you mentioned with [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] of being too theme-y.
  • [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I think it’s a great choice.
  • [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] a lot, but it does seem a bit plain somehow next to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
  • [name_f]Louise[/name_f] - Again, I like this, but I can see how it isn’t quite as “sweet” as [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. Have you considered [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]?
  • [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - This name does seem very nickname-ish to me, but definitely not a horrible option.
  • [name_f]Rita[/name_f] - I don’t care much for this name.
  • [name_f]Luella[/name_f] - I think this is a great option! [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], and [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] make a great sibset in my opinion. You could also use [name_f]Louise[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] as the full name instead to get to [name_f]Lulu[/name_f].
  • [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f], but I agree that with a sister named [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] it’s a little much.
  • [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]- I love this name but it is a little similar to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]. I don’t think this is really a problem if you’re done having kids, but if you had another daughter it might be hard to find a third name that fits with her sisters.

Overall, I think [name_f]Luella[/name_f] or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] with [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] as a nickname are my top choice. Second choice is probably [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

Oh I didn’t even think about [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] being too themed with [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]… But I guess that is true :confused: Hmm, I really liked that one.

I do like [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], my son’s class has an [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and he basically just merges the whole group of them into one name because he can never remember who is who. I don’t know if that’s a trend, or it’s just a coincidence in his class, but I guess falling into that category is my main concern. I do love [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] though.

It seems the consensus is [name_f]Rita[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are out. At least I’m narrowing down the ‘no’s’ :slight_smile:

• [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] - I like it, fits well with sibset.
  • [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t like
  • [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], maybe too old sounding?
  • [name_f]Louise[/name_f] - Prefer [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], (my name)
  • [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] - [name_u]Love[/name_u] the name!
  • [name_f]Rita[/name_f] - Really don’t like.
  • [name_f]Luella[/name_f] - I don’t think that it goes with [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].
  • [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] - [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name, too old?
  • [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]- I love it, but maybe to close to [name_u]Ruby[/name_u].

With both [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m] and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] containing a -y, maybe you could do another -y name?

Suggestions:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Clary[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f]
[name_f]Erynn[/name_f]
[name_f]Kenley[/name_f]
[name_f]Lacey[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
Mavie
Maylie