Gemma or Georgia?

See the results of this poll: Gemma or Georgia?

Respondents: 67 (This poll is closed)

• Gemma : 33 (49%)
  • Georgia: 34 (51%)

I voted [name]Gemma[/name]. I think she’s lovely next to [name]Everett[/name] and I like her a lot more than [name]Georgia[/name], personally. :slight_smile: I think [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are a better match stylistically, but only by a little and I just couldn’t pass up sweet [name]Gemma[/name].

Good luck!

But are lovely, but I prefer [name]Georgia[/name]. It just strikes me as seeming more timeless, and [name]Georgie[/name] or even [name]George[/name] would be an adorable nickname.

I love [name]Georgia[/name] - it has a spunky quality mixed with a little sass! [name]Gemma[/name] is pretty but it’s a name I’ve never completely warmed to for some unknown reason. Maybe it’s just a little too frilly for my taste. [name]Georgia[/name] is feminine but I don’t find her frilly at all.

I like them equally but ruled out [name]Georgia[/name] purely because it is so popular.

I like them both. I have a dog named [name]Gemma[/name] and people who see her name on paper call her [name]Gem[/name]-a as in g instead of j sound.

[name]Gemma[/name] is so dated in the UK, whereas [name]Georgia[/name] is fairly popular choice right now. I prefer the sound of [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] together too.

[name]Gemma[/name] is very plain, dated and a bit ‘out-done’ in the UK as stated by the above poster, so my vote is with [name]Georgia[/name] (= It’s very sweet, and my little sister’s name too - so maybe I’m biased!

I prefer [name]Gemma[/name] of the two. I’ve never been a fan of [name]Georgia[/name], though I love [name]Georgiana[/name].

[name]Gemma[/name] sounds way too cutesy to be a full first name for me - I’ve never understood its appeal. [name]Georgia[/name] isn’t my favorite name but I like it a lot better than [name]Gemma[/name]. :slight_smile:

I voted [name]Georgia[/name] simply because I [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Georgie[/name], which is why I have [name]Georgiana[/name] on my list. [name]Gemma[/name] is sweet too, though, and in my opinion you can’t go wrong with either option. :slight_smile:

I dislike nn [name]George[/name] on a girl, so I chose [name]Gemma[/name].

Thanks for all of your thoughts! 21 to 18 in favour of [name]Georgia[/name]… so close!

Interesting how different the perception of a name can be in different countries. I’m in [name]Canada[/name] and I’ve never heard of anyone named [name]Gemma[/name] in real life - totally fascinated to hear how it is perceived in the UK!

Thanks again all!

I have an [name]Everett[/name], too! I love both names, but voted for [name]Gemma[/name]. Good luck!

Oh nice! I’ve never known anyone else with an [name]Everett[/name]. Great choice. :wink:

I voted [name]Gemma[/name]. It is slightly outdated in the UK but that doesn’t stop me from loving it, and I know too many Georgias so I think a little [name]Gemma[/name] would be a nice change. There’s also the variant and equally legit spelling [name]Jemma[/name] if you’re concerned about prn issues, though I think the [name]Gemma[/name] spelling is the nicer of the two.

I like [name]Gemma[/name] but love [name]Georgia[/name]. I had already voted for that before reading your question about which goes best with [name]Everett[/name]. Again I’d go with [name]Georgia[/name] it is a much stronger match.

I voted for [name]Georgia[/name]. I have always had a soft spot for this name, I think it is very pretty and [name]Georgie[/name] is an adorable nn for a little girl! [name]Gemma[/name] seems very dated to me. [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] also sound much better as a sibset IMHO :slight_smile: Good luck!

Dead even at 27 votes each! Who would have thought? :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Georgia[/name]. All the [name]Gemma[/name]'s I’ve ever known have been troubled so that has coloured my view on the name.