Gemma?

I really like the classic connections it has, while still sounding modern, at least to me. :slight_smile: Thoughts?

[name]Love[/name], love, love!

I know a [name]Gemma[/name]; she goes by [name]Gem[/name]. It’s a nice [name]Emma[/name] alternative.

It’s my favorite name right now. I love it because I think that it works on all ages.

I think it’s gorgeous, and a great alternative to [name]Emma[/name]. I know it’s dated in the UK but I love that it’s basically unknown in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name]. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Gemma[/name], and I agree that it’s a nice [name]Emma[/name] alternative. I would use it in a heartbeat.

I like it, but sometimes it reminds me of [name]Jim[/name]. I wouldn’t want people to just hear her nn, and say " You gave her a boys name?" I tend to really over think though. It is a pretty name.

I don’t like it, to be honest. I personally think of an immature, spoiled girl. I don’t think it’d age well either. And it just feels like [name]Emma[/name] with a G tacked onto the front to make it seem more yooneek.

I love [name]Gemma[/name]. She can go my [name]Gem[/name], [name]Em[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], [name]Gigi[/name].

[name]Love[/name] it! It’s a great name. :slight_smile:

Not a fan. Its considered lower class and dated in the UK. Sorry!

[name]Gemma[/name] is pretty with a lovely meaning, and just beginning to get noticed here in the US. The fact that it is a short, -a ending name rhyming with colossal [name]Emma[/name] will propel it near the top quickly…if popularity is of concern to you.

I absolutely love it! I know someone who used [name]Gemma[/name] for her second daughter ([name]Gemma[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]), and she’s adorable! I love the nns [name]Gem[/name], [name]Gemmy[/name], [name]Em[/name], [name]Emmy[/name], or even just [name]Gemma[/name]. It’s so sweet and striking, imo.

It feels somewhat dated to me but all the same I agree it works on all ages - very cute on bub. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Gem[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Gemma[/name] (maybe [name]Jemma[/name]) as a nn for [name]Jemima[/name].