Gemma?

What are everyone’s thoughts on the name [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]? I never really considered the name until yesterday when I met an adorable little girl with this name. What about middle names that go with it? I’m kind of stuck on what sounds good paired with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. Thanks!

I [name_f]ADORE[/name_f] this name! So beautiful. [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Laurel[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f] come to mind.

I think [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is really cute and spunky! [name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I am OBSESSED with [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] and heartbroken that my husband refuses to let me use it. you have to! it’s adorable!

I love [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], and it would be at the top of my list for mine due in [name_u]March[/name_u] (Should it be a girl), if I didn’t have a co-worker who recently named her daughter that. I love the meaning (precious gem) and if I was to use it I really like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. I know lots of Berries aren’t a huge fan of [name_f]Grace[/name_f] in the middle, but I like it and really like the double G, but with each having a different sound.

I think [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is a lovely name. I read a trilogy where the main character’s name was [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. She was an amazing character.
Possible mns:
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f]

I like it because I love [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and I feel like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] is a good alternative with a beauty of its own. I like its brightness/lightness. Not classic like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] but pretty… [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]…

Is [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] pronounced with a hard g sound or a j sound like [name_f]Jemma[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] a lot. I don’t [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] it, but I do really like it. My first two ideas for combos were [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]. I like the suggestion of [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f], as well.

It’s pronounced the same as [name_f]Jemma[/name_f], and like the word gem.

I don’t like it at all. I’m so surprised to see it popping up on here and being lauded. Where I am from (in UK) it is just a very well used dated name (much like my own!)

Not a fan of the name at all. It doesn’t sound feminine to me and it sounds like a nickname.

I also love [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]! I first saw it used in the [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_m]Doyle[/name_m] trilogy too (great books, interesting characters and beautiful names in them btw). I like it paired with feminine, classic middles like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], and [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f]. The [name_f]Gem[/name_f] in the name really makes it sparkle

I know two Gemmas! They’re both teenagers. I think the name is beautiful, and I much prefer this spelling to [name_f]Jemma[/name_f].
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]

I love it. :slight_smile: It makes me think of a sweet little girl with “nut-brown curls” as [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables might say lol.

I like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Patience[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] & [name_f]Gemma[/name_f] [name_f]Coralie[/name_f].

I think it’s sweet, it makes me think of jam. It’s like a 2013 version of [name_f]Jenna[/name_f]. [name_m]Light[/name_m] & energetic & cute, not very serious, a little bit sexy, less polarizing than [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]. The G spelling keeps you from the [name_u]Jem[/name_u] cartoon association.

For me it fits with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f]…

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you like [name_f]Gioia[/name_f]? Pronounced [name_f]Joya[/name_f]- Italian for [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

I tried for a long time to like [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], but I just don’t. It’s way too close to the popular [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and I’ve never met a [name_m]Jim[/name_m] I truly liked, so that association of sound is bad for me. It’s a name I look at and automatically think, “oh [name_f]Emma[/name_f] was too popular so let’s pop another letter on the front and make it more unique”. Sorry, it’s just not for me.