General thoughts on Meredith?

Hey all!

So, I don’t usually get a name stuck in my head but recently I saw the name [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] nn. [name_u]Merry[/name_u] and I absolutely love it (for horror novel fans - main character in “A Head Full of Ghosts” by [name_m]Paul[/name_m] Tremblay)

What do we think? I know its kind of old fashioned but I think it has charm.

1 Like

[name_u]Love[/name_u] love love! It’s been a recent favorite of mine, and I love how classic and mature it is, but it’s also very sweet and innocent! [name_u]Merry[/name_u] is so cute as well! I can’t express how perfect it is!

1 Like

I really like it. It feels very versatile to me.

1 Like

I think it!! It does feel a bit dated but I think it would be adorable on a little kid.

1 Like

Oh I love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! Such a warm name!

1 Like

I love it and have an affection for the nickname Mere/Merplus the nickname [name_u]Red[/name_u] is an option which is always a plus in my book.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]!

I think [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] is charming feels homespun and almost nostalgic. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] is lovely I really like the nicknames [name_u]Merry[/name_u] & [name_f]Edie[/name_f] she’s very classic and to me very refreshing I would love to meet a baby [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].

1 Like

I know a little [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and I think its sweet. Her mom calls her Mer.

1 Like

very sweet! it has a really nice sound and isn’t super dated. it does remind me of the character from the office, though.

1 Like

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] is a beautiful name! [name_f]My[/name_f] old friends name is [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and Shes 17 as well. I think the name suits her kind and welcoming personality, she’s one of the sweetest people I know :))))

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

[name_u]Man[/name_u] I’m the odd one out so far :sweat_smile: if I’m being completely honest I don’t like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] at all, it doesn’t feel super dated, but definitely still feels dated to me. I don’t like the sound in general of the name and I get a bad imagery from it. It also makes me think of the character from The Office, do what you want with that information :sweat_smile: I think I prefer it for a boy more than a girl just cause it doesn’t feel as dated as it does on a girl. I do really like [name_u]Merry[/name_u] though and I’ve also seen the nn [name_f]Dot[/name_f] and [name_u]Red[/name_u] for it which I think is cute. Overall, not a fan but like the possible nn’s from it

1 Like

I love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]! It’s not quite my style, so I probably wouldn’t use it. I don’t think it’s old fashioned at all. Its a great name with many potential nn’s and it ages well! But I’m a huge Grey’s Anatomy fan so maybe I’m biased :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I love it! Sweet name that works for all ages

1 Like

I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u]. She feels familiar but not ubiquitous. Similar to [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] and [name_f]Miriam[/name_f] in my mind. I associate the name strongly with Grey’s Anatomy. Ultimately would prefer it on a boy, but that would come with its own challenges.

1 Like

It feels a bit old-fashioned but Grey’s Anatomy makes it usable. I love the nicknames Mer, [name_u]Red[/name_u], and Myth, but [name_u]Merry[/name_u] is sweet as well!

1 Like

I like it! [name_f]Mary[/name_f] feels outdated and old fashioned to me. [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] feels like a more fun and modern version of [name_f]Mary[/name_f]. Spelling it [name_u]Merry[/name_u] could get confusing for some people. You might have to correct them a few times.

It always makes me think of the main character from Grey’s Anatomy though.

1 Like

I like [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and nn [name_u]Merry[/name_u] is super cute.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] it!