Genevieve Mary Ava - your thoughts?

I plan on changing my name to [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ava[/name] next summer :smiley:

[name]Genevieve[/name] is a name I chose after much consideration, and the one I’ve been planning on using for well over a year; I decided I was going to change my name several years ago, but it took me a while to decide on one. I like [name]Genevieve[/name] because it’s classic, well-known, and because it has so many nickname possibilities - [name]Gen[/name], [name]Genna[/name], [name]Genny[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Neva[/name], [name]Eve[/name], [name]Eva[/name], [name]Evie[/name], [name]Vivi[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], [name]Gigi[/name] etc!

[name]Mary[/name] is to honour my mother, [name]Nicole[/name] [name]Mary[/name] - tbh, I’d rather not honour her at all but I think this will keep her from complaining about the change too much. Also, I needed something to split up [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Ava[/name], as the names are very ‘V’ heavy together, and because [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Ava[/name] would make my initials GAG! I am considering [name]Rose[/name] instead of [name]Mary[/name], as the rose is often used as a symbol for the Virgin [name]Mary[/name]. Plus, someone I dislike very much is called [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Ann[/name], which is quite similar… Not too sure yet though, what do you think?

[name]Ava[/name] is after my my late grandmother [name]Elsie[/name] [name]Averil[/name], who raised me for a long time. She was known by [name]Avril[/name] where she lived, but back in her hometown she was [name]Averil[/name]. She was never called [name]Elsie[/name], to my knowledge. I did consider [name]Elisabeth[/name] / [name]Elsa[/name] to honour [name]Elsie[/name], but I decided against it because of [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Ann[/name], and because I just don’t love [name]Elsa[/name].

So, what are your thoughts on the name? I’d love to hear anything you have to say about it, good or bad :slight_smile:

Are you set on [name]Genevieve[/name] as the first name?

I really like the name [name]Genevieve[/name], and I agree that [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] need something to break up the repeating ‘v’ sound. [name]How[/name] about [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] [name]Ava[/name]? I think that flows a bit better than using either [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Mary[/name].

Yep, 99.999999% sure :smiley: Why?

[name]Rosemary[/name] would be a nice one which I’ve considered before, but I’d have to try it out for a while because I’m not sure if I love it enough to stick with it.

[name]Just[/name] wondering if I could move it around.

Have you thought of [name]April[/name] instead of [name]Ava[/name] to honor [name]Avril[/name]?

Names you might consider instead of [name]Mary[/name]:
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name]
[name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Marisol[/name]

I’ve had [name]April[/name] suggested a lot, but I’ve known 3 Aprils and they were all very trashy/slutty girls, so that’s put me of that name for good.

I love [name]Mara[/name], [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Marisol[/name], but I’m not sure if they’re names I san see on myself…

My vote is for [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ava[/name]. I’m a big fan of [name]Genevieve[/name], which is my grandmother’s name, for the same reasons you are. I don’t think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ava[/name] sound at all similar, except of course for the [name]Mary[/name] part. I like the classic feel of [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Mary[/name], combined with the more modern [name]Ava[/name]. Good luck!

I love the name [name]Genevieve[/name]…[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Ava[/name] is beautiful!

For personal reasons, I’m quickly going off [name]Mary[/name] :frowning: [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Rose[/name] [name]Ava[/name] is becoming my most likely pick. I’m also considering [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Blair[/name] [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ava[/name]. I’d love [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Ava[/name] - BUT [name]Ruby[/name]'s my best friend’s name, might be a bit too much, plus I’m saving that one as a middle name for a daughter :slight_smile: