Genevieve or Evangeline?

I really like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] its such a pretty name, love the nickname [name_f]Eva[/name_f] too! - I will also mention that having two E’s in the family isn’t really something that I would think to be a problem. :slight_smile:

I personally prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] out of the two, and a lot of that stems from what you stated in your initial post; 2 of out of the 4 kids would have the same initials. It would have been one thing if ALL of the names started with the same letter…

I prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], I don’t think its a big deal that two siblings would have the same initials.

I like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] better, but both are beautiful.

[name_f]Susan[/name_f]

I much prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]!

I know it’s not a real big problem it’s just… you know how you want to find the perfect names? It’s only tiny, but I feel as though this really subtracts from the names together. I’ll just have look past it probably, but I would like to find an alternative that works. See what I mean or not so much?

While [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is pretty and underused I have always liked [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. I actually think [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] are really nice sibling names together and I wouldn’t worry about them starting with the same letter at all.

I totally understand, I prefer sibling sets which all have different initials, I think visually it looks better.

So I would go with [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]; she’s elegant, demure, has a range of gorgeous nicknames including your beloved [name_f]Eva[/name_f], has a wholesome sound and works in your sibling set.

: )

I love both names and don’t know the surname so in order to choose one I’m going to have to nitpick for both of them.

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

• PROS - a gorgeous name with literary appeal. [name_f]Eva[/name_f] is a more intuitive nickname
  • CONS: (1) shares an initial with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], shares and “el” with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u], shares an “an” with [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and similar in sound to [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f].

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

• PROS: with both a saintly and literary pedigree, this name is a chic and sophisticated choice.
  • CONS: (1) [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be the more common nickname rather than [name_f]Eva[/name_f]; (2) although she has her own initial, [name_m]Julian[/name_m] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] both sound like “J”.

[name_f]My[/name_f] choice: [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]

The two siblings having matching initials would bother me. I had a hard time choosing [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] for my second daughter because it meant I had to strike a lot of my favorites that also start with ‘S,’ if we ever had another. I also just prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is certainly a pretty name, but the “vanj” syllable turns me off.