Gentle thoughts please...

I am pg with baby 5. Only 2 are living. Hubby and I have had a lot of criticism because of my age (43). [name_f]MIL[/name_f] is pushy and critical. I doubt she will like our probable name but since this is a more…well read and open minded baby name place I thought I’d share here. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]. Dh loves it. Siblings are [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Thoughts?

Congratulations! I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with all that negativity. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is gorgeous and goes really well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

There will always be someone who is going to be critical. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult when it is someone in your immediate family. While it is not my particular style, I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is a cute name and it goes well with your other children’s names. =] If you and your husband love it, then absolutely go for it.

I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] goes very well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. Although [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] would not be a name I would use, I love the sound and flow of [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]. It is a beautiful combo.

Sorry for the pushy mom-in-law. What she needs to know is that she has no say. This is your husband’s and your child.

Here’s to an easy pregnancy and a speedy delivery and recovery.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is beautiful!

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is beautiful! I adore [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]! I also think it goes well with your kids’ names; I especially like the combination of [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f].

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is a beautiful name. I also really like it with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]'s names.

As for your [name_f]MIL[/name_f]? She’s not entitled to an opinion. If she says anything negative just tell her it’s not up for discussion that the decision has been made.

Thank you all so very much!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I wish you all the best with baby!

Onto the name. I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] goes extremely well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]! The 2 older children have very standard middle names, so [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is definitely a step away from that, but that is really insignificant. In fact, [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] works amazingly with the first name [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]. You guys have a beautiful name in mind :slight_smile:

As others have said, you won’t be able to please everyone, nor should you aim to do so. The decision truly is between you and your husband. It’s one thing if someone is asked for input and gives it, but completely different and wrong when someone acts all pushy and inconsiderate. So sorry you have to deal with that :frowning: I’m not sure if you and your husband actively include your [name_f]MIL[/name_f] in the naming process, but perhaps it would be best to phase her out of it. Some good solutions that other Berries have mentioned working well for them are just nodding and acting interested in peoples’ suggestions (let it go in one ear and out the other), say that you are still discussing it between the two of you, or simply say that you are not going to decide until the baby is born. Good luck!

That’s a beautiful name. Congratulations. X

It’s absolutely precious! Perfect with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]. Ignore your mil’s negative remarks.

What a stunning name, absolutely beautiful! If you two love it, go for it - yours is the only opinion that really matters. Many congratulations.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is pretty and you should go with what you love. Ignore pushy [name_f]MIL[/name_f] as much as possible.

I love it. Beautiful choice!

Absolutely stunning to say the least!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f]! What will you call her nickname wise or will it just be [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]?! :slight_smile: Gorgeous and goes perfectly with your other kids names. If it is THE name don’t listen to your [name_f]MIL[/name_f], after all it is not her baby and you don’t deserve all that negativity while pregnant. Good luck!

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is absolutely stunning! Omgoodness, I adore it. Plus, [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] are perfect together! What a lovely choice.

I think [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is a really great name! :slight_smile: It goes well with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is a nice combo.

It’s a beautiful name!! Try not to take notice of all the criticism, the age thing is cultural because here in Spain having children in your late thirties and early forties is the norm!!

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] is freaking amazing. End of story ;). [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] is perfect with [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]