Georgia, how popular?

Hello, we are expecting any day/week now and do not know the sex of the baby. We really like [name]Georgia[/name] but are concerned with running into too many others.

[name]How[/name] many little ones name [name]Georgia[/name] do you actually know? In your kids classes, play groups, lessons, daycares, etc…

Also, we are trying to think of some middle names, we like [name]Eloise[/name] (great grandmother’s name was [name]Louise[/name]) and we like [name]Eliza[/name] (to honor both my mom and grandmother, whose names are both [name]Elizabeth[/name] derivatives… but doesn’t sound great with [name]Georgia[/name], does it?) Maybe 2 middle names? Not sure how DH will feel about double middles, but I love names so I’m not opposed… just don’t want to to be overkill, you know?

Any other suggestions?

I love [name]Georgia[/name] and haven’t met any. I don’t think it’s that popular, at least not now. [name]How[/name] about [name]Elise[/name] as a middle name?

I like [name]Elise[/name], it is just that know one and (unfortunately) have a negative association that sort of taints the name for me.

[name]Georgia[/name] was 273 in 2006 and has since dropped to 337 so while it’s familiar it’s not overly popular and actually on a decline, which surprised me, but that’s good news for those of us who love [name]Georgia[/name]! It’s a gorgeous name :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] is ranked #337 on the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) list of popular baby names for 2009. Names around there are [name]Emery[/name], [name]Monica[/name], and [name]Bethany[/name] for girls and [name]Jasper[/name], [name]Phillip[/name], and [name]Rowan[/name] for boys. I wouldn’t say that is terribly popular. At the moment, you are good to go, but I would say [name]Georgia[/name] is a place name that will likely rise - now, I can’t say I’d predict it to be the next [name]Emma[/name] (2009’s #2) or even [name]Charlotte[/name] (2009’s #68) or [name]Isabelle[/name] (2009’s #100), but it is a name that fits in with today’s trends. However, I think vintage nature names - especially those used by celebrities - like [name]Violet[/name] (2009’s #141) and [name]Hazel[/name] (2009’s 294) will rise much further to the top. Those, in my opinion, are the [name]Charlotte[/name]'s of tomorrow. It’s also important to recognize that [name]Georgia[/name] has seen very little movement in the past ten years - [name]Georgia[/name] was ranked #334 in 2000 and, as noted earlier, was #337 in 2009. [name]Georgia[/name]'s highest ranking to date was achieved in 2006, with a not-so-impressive #274. So, I think you are safe with using [name]Georgia[/name], honestly. I might even say that [name]Georgia[/name] is like [name]Maria[/name] (2009’s #71) - a name that is elegant, feminine, and soft, seemingly popular, yet not overwhelmingly heard in day-to-day life. Does that make sense?

As for middle names, I adore [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] - even [name]Elizabeth[/name] - but I don’t care for the vowel names with [name]Georgia[/name]. The flow is off. I do love [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Louise[/name], however, if that is an option! Or, what about something like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]? [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] combines the two prominent sounds of [name]Louise[/name] while maintaining a nice flow, and [name]Isabel[/name] honors [name]Elizabeth[/name] - [name]Isabel[/name] is a Spanish variant of [name]Elizabeth[/name], and both names mean “pledged to god.” A name full of true vintage classics, if you ask me! I vote [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]!

Take care, and good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] is beautiful and underused! To honor family…
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Beth[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I just tend towards middle names with 3 syllables… in my mind they flow so much better with our 1 syllable last name.

Here are some of the middle names we’re thinking about so far:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] (too much with the double J sounds)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] (is the S sound at the end too much with Marks?)

What are some other middle name ideas you guys like for [name]Georgia[/name] with the last name Marks?

[name]Lindsey[/name]

I know two little Georgias, ages three and four. I don’t feel like I hear it all over the place, and the Georgias I know constantly get compliments on the name. It is really a name that puts a smile on peoples’ faces. One of the girls is named [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], which knocked me over when I heard it-so GORGEOUS and regal!

I’ve never met or heard of a single little [name]Georgia[/name], and my daughter is five, so I’ve been in the playgroup set for a few years. I do live in the northeast, so not sure if this would be one that’s more popular down south. It’s a classy and cute name I think that would age well. I actually think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds better than [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] (double a ending sounds a bit awkward to my ear). Good luck:)

I agree with you about [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] being better than [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]… I just prefer [name]Eliza[/name] since it has a little more spunk. However, I can always use [name]Eliza[/name] on a future baby girl if it doesn’t work out with this one.

Oh, and I agree… [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] is beautiful… but with Marks, the repeating "mar"s do not sound quite right to me.

I wish it did sound good to me because I [name]ADORE[/name] the name [name]Margo[/name] and it would definitely be a top contender!

I have yet to meet any little [name]Georgia[/name]'s. I love the name, and as others have pointed out, it seems to be staying pretty steady on the popularity charts. I really like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Harriet[/name].

Other MN ideas:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Bernadette[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] Marks

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] Marks*
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Gwendolyn[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] Marks*
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Marks*
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Rosalind[/name] Marks
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] Marks

(PS I still think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] Marks is amazing…)

Good luck! [name]Georgia[/name] is great!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] a lot too… it’s just that [name]Isabel[/name] is the maiden/family name for some parts of my family and I know that several of my cousins might use it as middle names or first names… and so I figure I’d let them have first dibs. Plus DH isn’t sold on the idea of 2 middles. And doesn’t want to add a name to our already solid boy name choices.