Georgia - opinions appreciated!

I just found out yesterday that I’m having another girl! Woohoo! Being a name obsessive, I have several choices I like, but my husband likes the name [name]Georgia[/name]. I think it’s great and I’m warming up to it.

Any potential pitfalls? What about middle names? Here are my thoughts:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] ([name]December[/name] is the ETA)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Irene[/name] (husband’s grandmother was [name]Irene[/name])

Our last name starts with S, so we’d better not do [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Ann[/name], if ya know what I mean.

My other 2 kids are [name]Wesley[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]. What do you think of the set?

I know [name]Georgia[/name] is a bit popular for many tastes on this board, but I’m fine with it as long as it’s not in the top 100, and it’s currently in the 300s I believe.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I think [name]Georgia[/name] is a lovely name. I would go with [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Marguerite[/name] over the others because it’s a bit of a mouthful with so many syllables already to have the vowel ending of [name]Georgia[/name] followed by a vowel beginning of the middle name.

I like it! I also think it works well with your other children. I would personally go with [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Irene[/name] to honor his grandmother :slight_smile:

I love honoring family, so [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Irene[/name] is my fave. The long “I” at the beginning of [name]Irene[/name] is really different than the schwa sound at the end of [name]Georgia[/name]. I think it’s a schwa sound - I could be wrong!

Woo-hoo! :slight_smile: I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Phaedra[/name]! [name]LOVE[/name] it! I know the most adorable [name]Georgia[/name], which makes me adore the name even more. I think [name]Georgie[/name] is a darling nickname, but if that doesn’t sit well with you, the [name]Georgia[/name] I know has never been called anything but her given name.

I also have to say that I think your kids’ names are seriously amazing! :slight_smile:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] ([name]December[/name] is the ETA): I like the flow of this…

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]: It’s just my personal thing, but when a first name ends in A and is then paired with a middle name beginning with a vowel, the flow is broken, and I have to pause between the names. I love both names, but not together.

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]: I’m not personally a [name]Marguerite[/name] fan, but I think it’s interesting in the middle.

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Irene[/name] (husband’s grandmother was [name]Irene[/name]): It’s the vowel issue for me again, but I love meaning!

Some more, just for fun:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] (may be too Southern for you, though)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I saw on your other post that you love middle names that emphasize the last syllable, so:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] ([name]Susan[/name] listed [name]Delphine[/name] in the list)
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Marielle[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

my vote is for [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], it’s sounds so perfect together!

Oh, I love [name]Georgia[/name]! I would love to use it, but my husband would never go for it. My vote would be for [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Irene[/name] - super cute. Go for it!

I really like [name]Georgia[/name] - I know a [name]Jorja[/name]. I think my vote is [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], although I do like [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name].

[name]Love[/name] the name. If I have a girl next she’ll be named [name]Georgia[/name] after my Grandma [name]Georgia[/name] (she’s always saying ‘I have such a lovely name! Why doesn’t someone use it?’). Incidently [name]Wesley[/name] would’ve been my pick if I have a boy next but my sister-in-law used it.

Thanks everyone. I’m going to be running all this by my husband.

Oh that’s funny jlyn! [name]Wesley[/name] doesn’t seem like a ridiculously popular name so it’s funny that she picked it before you.

[name]Jill[/name], thanks! You are too right that I do like middles with accent on the last syllable. Thanks for the suggestions also. I really like [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] as middles. I’m going to check the meanings of some of the French ones you suggest.

Interestingly, the hubby’s not really going for [name]Irene[/name]. I’m not sure whether he just doesn’t like the name, or what? So I guess there are no family names on the table (names from my family don’t flow well with [name]Georgia[/name].)

Also, I can’t believe I forgot one of my all-time favorite names, which has emphasis on the last syllable, and would make a good middle:

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]

Thanks all! I’m obsessively overwhelming myself with options. So keep the suggestions coming, ok? :wink:

Oh, and I also find myself liking

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

[name]Kinda[/name] not my usual style. In your opinion, is [name]Lark[/name] a trendy word-name, or is it a REAL name? Know what i mean?

[name]Phaedra[/name], I really like your idea of [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Lark[/name]. I do think of it as a bird name, but with [name]Georgia[/name], I’m thinking [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lark[/name] sounds like a state bird or bird species. I think it’s pretty, though.

What do you think about [name]Wren[/name]? I think It’s pretty with [name]Georgia[/name], although the bird species issue pops up again! :slight_smile:

Did I list [name]Delphine[/name] in that middle name list? It has your syllable flow, and is a French flower name. [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name].

Have a great day! :slight_smile:

I love [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]!
Also [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Delphine[/name], yeah [name]Jill[/name]!
And [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Mae[/name], but not [name]Georgia[/name] [name]May[/name].

Interesing, [name]Susan[/name] - why not [name]May[/name]?

Yes, I do like [name]Delphine[/name] but I’m not sure the hubby will go for it. I will mention it to him though!

Funny you should mention [name]Wren[/name]. That was my fantasy name for a daughter from the time I was in high school. Since then I’ve shied away from it, since I thought it might be too “out there” for a kid of mine. I actually brought this up as a middle name option though. It does flow nicely!

I think [name]Georgia[/name] [name]Corinne[/name] is my frontrunner at the moment. :slight_smile: Thanks for your thoughts. [name]Feel[/name] free to share more if you think of any.

Interesing, [name]Susan[/name] - why not [name]May[/name]?

I prefer [name]Mae[/name] to [name]May[/name] because [name]May[/name] sounds like the month and the verb [name]May[/name] whereas [name]Mae[/name] sounds so old-fashioned. [name]Mae[/name] makes me think of an overgrown big bush with white flowers all over it.

But it may be that I prefer [name]Mae[/name] because my grandmother [name]May[/name] was a nut! She died long before I was born, but I’ve heard stories. Her first name was [name]Clara[/name]. I love that name. Her middle name was [name]May[/name], and she was born in [name]May[/name].

But I think I love [name]Mae[/name] the most because it seems more mysterious.