Georgiana??

So I have been thinking about the name [name]Georgiana[/name] for quite a while now and can’t really get it out of my head. My husband likes it too, but his cousin’s daughter is Charliana and he thinks it’s too close. But we never see them, ever. I’ve known my husband for 10 years and I’ve met his cousin once, never even met little Charliana who is 4 now. So, long story short, I don’t really think it’s a problem and [name]Georgiana[/name] has a lot of personal value to me and my husband. [name]Anne[/name] is a family name on both sides, and we both went to [name]Georgia[/name] Tech. I just think it’d be a nice story to a really pretty/spunky name. What do you berries think? Is it too close? Or does its meaning to us override that?

Also, what do you think about the name [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Irene[/name]? [name]Irene[/name] was my grandmother’s name.

And do you think it flows well with my step-daughter [name]Mackenzie[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? I don’t like overly matching names, but I like to have a link. In this case, [name]Georgiana[/name] and [name]Mackenzie[/name] both have 9 letters, and the middles are both 5 letters long and grandmothers. They are links no one would really get right off the bat.

It doesn’t really fit stylistically with [name]Mackenzie[/name], but I don’t think that’s a problem at all. I don’t think it’s a huge deal if siblings names don’t “go.” And as for Charliana, the -ana ending is ridiculously common, and even classic, like the -ette or -ine endings, so really, who cares? Especially if they never see each other- it’s not a big deal. Use it!

I know they don’t fit stylistically, [name]Mackenzie[/name] is far from my style. But I still think they flow well enough, and there is still a link between the two. And I think that is important. I don’t feel like sib-sets have to match so to speak, but it’s nice if they share some common ground so one doesn’t feel left out of the loop with the other children.

I absolutely love [name]Georgiana[/name]. In fact, I was just looking at the NB blog on the names of British Prime Ministers’ children - they had mentioned [name]Georgiana[/name] Cavendish’s illegitimate daughter, [name]Eliza[/name], with [name]Charles[/name] [name]Grey[/name]. Anyway…

No, it doesn’t “go” with [name]Mackenzie[/name], but I don’t necessarily think that means you shouldn’t use it. After all, you said [name]Mackenzie[/name] isn’t your taste, but they do have the letter connection, and I don’t think it really matters here. [name]Georgiana[/name] is so beautiful, and I love the connection to [name]Georgia[/name] Tech and [name]Anna[/name]! Great choice. [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Irene[/name] is pretty - the back-to-back vowels don’t bother me too much here, honestly! [name]Irene[/name] is my grandmother’s name, too!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thank you [name]Lemon[/name]! I was a little concerned about the back to back vowels at first, but they are two completely different sounds and so I don’t think they run into eachother at all.

([name]Aren[/name]'t Grandma [name]Irene[/name]'s the best!?)

Yes, in this case, I think you are just fine with [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Irene[/name]. And, yes, Grandma [name]Irene[/name]'s are the best! My Gran’s middle name is actually [name]Marie[/name], coincidentally…

Sorry for asking this you must think of me as an idiot but how is it pronounced? Is it [name]Georg[/name]-EE-anna?

No worries Fabunamer! Yes, [name]George[/name]-ee-anna.

…I say it as [[name]GEORGE[/name]-ee-[name]AH[/name]-nah]…

So do I [name]Lemon[/name], I say [name]Anna[/name] like [name]Ah[/name]-nah. I should have put it that way.

I also like [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Paulette[/name]. But [name]Irene[/name] is still my favorite.

I just watched the movie The Duchess. I have been on the fence about the name [name]Georgiana[/name] for a while because I couldn’t decide which pronunciation I like better, but after watching the movie I am in love with the name. Excellent movie by the way, I bawled by eyes out for the entire second half!

Jackiet, it’s one of those names that can’t seem to get out of my head. Never seen the movie, but I’m glad that it definately put you on to the name.