Georgianna???? HELP

You all have been such a great help with names. There is a debate among my friends and family about the name [name]Georgianna[/name]. i love it and plan to use it if i am having a girl. But others say it is to long and outdated and that she will be made fun of. They also point out that if we are going to nn her georgia or anna why don’t we just name her one of those names. What do you think???

I would use the full [name]Georgianna[/name], myself. Yeah, you may call her [name]Anna[/name] or [name]Georgia[/name], but what if she grows up and wants to be the other? I always tell people “Options are a grand thing to have” and that’s the truth. What a liberating thing, to be able to flip around your nicknames! [name]Eliza[/name] to mom Dad, [name]Beth[/name] at grammar scool, [name]Bess[/name] in HS, Ellzabeth in college! Wow! (just as an example).

[name]Georgianna[/name] (I prefer [name]Georgiana[/name]) could be [name]Gia[/name], [name]Gigi[/name], [name]Geo[/name] or [name]Geordie[/name] too! Talk about options! :slight_smile:

I adore [name]Georgiana[/name]! I can’t imagine why she would get made fun of. It’s really not that long, I mean look at it compared to [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Margaret[/name], etc. It’s a beautiful name and your daughter will appreciate the options!

I also love [name]Georgiana[/name]. Calling her [name]Georgia[/name] or [name]Anna[/name] is a great idea, but as others pointed out, longer and fully names come with lots of options. As she gets older, she can decide if she wants to continue to go by her shorter name, or the full version. I think [name]Georgiana[/name] is beautiful

I agree. I think [name]Georgianna[/name] is amazing. I’d go for it :slight_smile:

I really like that [name]Georgianna[/name] and [name]Georgina[/name]. My husband vetoed both of them so I couldn’t use them…but you should!