Geraldine or Gerry?

I have a character called [name_u]Gerry[/name_u] by her friends, and I’m not sure whether her real name should be [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] or not. She has a brown bob cut, brown eyes, and thick, round, green glasses. She’s short and mostly wears green. She’s in seventh grade. She’s a classic nerd, super brag-y about being smarter than everyone else, e.g. she brags endlessly having read the Code of Conduct and flaunts the facts that she learned from it. Not naming her [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] could work, because her friends would tease her by calling her [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], and she’d say something like, “I wish my real name was [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f], it sounds so much more formal,” just to be nerdy. I’m really torn. She’d be called [name_u]Gerry[/name_u] no matter what, I’m just wondering whether it should be her nickname or her real name.

• Geraldine
  • Gerry

0 voters

Gerry seems like an odd full name for a girl so I think [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] is better.

1 Like

Geraldine sounds more formal then just [name_u]Gerry[/name_u]. [name_u]Gerry[/name_u] as a full name for a boy would be okay, but [name_u]Gerry[/name_u] as a full name for a girl might be a bit unusual.

1 Like

This reminds me of the Famous [name_m]Five[/name_m] books by [name_f]Enid[/name_f] Blyton! you’re probably familiar but the main female character is [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] and goes by [name_u]George[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] is better as a full name with [name_u]Gerry[/name_u] as a nickname personally! xxx

1 Like

I voted [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f] just because it’s such a cool name! It could also be funny if the other characters called her by her full name to annoy her but found out she actually loves it?

1 Like

I decided on [name_f]Geraldine[/name_f]! Thanks for the help guys! :blush: