Getting ahead of myself

I’m dreaming of child number 2 and wanted to get your thoughts on the names we would most likely go for and also some suggestions based on what we like.

My daughter’s name is [name_f]Amelie[/name_f] and the two names that my partner and I both love for a second child (or like - my partner doesn’t ever feel especially strongly about any names it seems apart from [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]!) are Margaux and Felix.

What are you thoughts on these with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_f]Margot[/name_f]/Margaux is going to explode in popularity over the next few years? Popularity is the main reason we excluded [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] from our final list of names for our daughter so it does concern me.

Some other names I love are:

Iris, [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]

Elio, [name_u]Remy[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Rex[/name_u], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], [name_m]Miro[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

Any thoughts/suggestions?

1 Like

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] but I like [name_m]Felix[/name_m]!

Other names on your list I like - [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Thea[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], and [name_m]Caspian[/name_m].

1 Like

Aww thank you @jonquils :heartbeat:

1 Like

Amelie is such a beautiful name. I love [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] so much, and they go so perfectly with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]!!
I think the popularity of [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] depends on where you live. It isn’t a popular name by me, and I expect it won’t become one. ([name_f]Matilda[/name_f] isn’t popular here either though!)

I also really love [name_f]Freya[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f], [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] + [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], [name_u]Flynn[/name_u], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_u]Rory[/name_u], [name_m]Bastian[/name_m], [name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_m]Hugo[/name_m], and [name_m]Elio[/name_m]! You have so many great options!!

Margaux and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] feel perfect with [name_f]Amelie[/name_f]

Lyra, [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] are also wonderfu! [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Bastien[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and [name_m]Hugo[/name_m] are great too!!

I’ll suggest [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Marcella[/name_f], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_m]Lucian[/name_m]

1 Like

Thanks guys :blush:

Frustratingly, the new top 100 name data for Australia shows [name_m]Felix[/name_m] has jumped to the 70th position after not being in the top 100 at all in previous years. 70 is fine but I hope it doesn’t become more and more popular :crossed_fingers:t3:

Which middles options does everyone prefer? Middle names have meaning for me mainly because of their literary namesakes (I’m a massive book nerd). Many are names that remind me of my childhood actually, others are from books/poetry I read when I was older.

[name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] / [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] only issue with [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (which is probably my number 1 pick for a middle name) is that, for some reason, I don’t love the look of it with [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]. The sound works, but I think that they’re the same length bothers me. I could go with [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] or even [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] (although they’re only 1 letter different) but my favourite spelling is [name_f]Margaux[/name_f]. Anyway, it’s not a big deal, I could get over it.

[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] / [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Elio[/name_m] / [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] / [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u] / Felix Jasper / Felix Winston

All the names on your list are amazing!
I love [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]. [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] would be my next choices.

1 Like

Margaux [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] is my favorite! I prefer the [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling personally, but [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] looks nice too! I love alliteration, and the connection to the character. I also love [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_u]Scout[/name_u] and [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]!

Your [name_m]Felix[/name_m] combos are all so amazing! I think my favorites are [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Jem[/name_u], and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]! You cant go wrong with any of them though!!

1 Like