Getting away from Frozen theme

Hello Nameberry!

Our fourth child, third girl, is due on the 2nd of [name_u]July[/name_u], which is my dad’s birthday. To honour that, we’re giving her the middle name [name_f]Thea[/name_f], since he is [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. We are struggling with her first name though. We have a few names we love but I still regret our 2nd daughter’s name, and I think its making me paranoid.

Our kids are [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f]. [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] was born the year Frozen came out, and as you can imagine, we get comments and her and [name_f]Anna[/name_f]'s name all the time, and I absolutely hate it, to the point I wanted to swap her first and middle names around, and regret not having done so.

As such, I can’t settle on a name, im worried I’ll find a reason to want to change it, no matter what.

This is our list, all of which I love, but am still worried about;
[name_f]Marin[/name_f]/[name_u]Mirren[/name_u]
[name_f]Morven[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Please, please help me decide without the paranoia!

I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Nell[/name_f] with [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. I would recommend against [name_f]Rose[/name_f] since you already have a [name_f]Briar[/name_f].

Of your list, I like [name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] the best. Other names I like with [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Colette[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Kristin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalie[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f]

[name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is absolutely lovely, has no aspects of “Frozen”, and works well with the older siblings’ names.

Congratulations on your upcoming little one!

First off—because I can’t help myself—[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is incredibly handsome! I love [name_f]Anna[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]'s names but your son’s name is definitely a “wow” name.

I think [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], and [name_f]Marin[/name_f] would be perfect. [name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is a gorgeous name.

Congratulations!

I like [name_f]Nell[/name_f] best, although [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is also okay. The only one I would steer clear of is [name_f]Rose[/name_f], because [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is one of Sleeping Beauty’s names.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] is one of my favorite names, but it’s such a strong name, I can’t really see it in the middle place. I’m my 20+ years of pouring over name books, writing lists and lists of names, name combos, and studying name meanings and origins (I got my first name book when I was 9), I’ve come to the conclusion that some names were just meant to be firsts, and some were just meant to be middles. Certain characteristics that certain names have just make it harder to put them in certain places. [name_f]Thea[/name_f] is very much a first name, not many names can go in front of it and have the right flow. It either sounds like a continuation of the name (a la [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f]) or stops the name short, chopping the full name into pieces. Off the top of my head, I can think of only these that can MAYBE go in front:

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] (but not if you already have [name_f]Anna[/name_f], they begin with the same sound)
[name_f]Eleanore[/name_f] (which would give you your [name_f]Nell[/name_f] as a nickname)
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (only if it’s pronounced [name_f]GEN[/name_f]-uh-veev, not zhahn-vee-EV)
[name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (it has kind of a clunky flow, but it does work)
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (not bad. A little like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] [name_m]Thatcher[/name_m], but not bad.)
[name_f]Olivette[/name_f] (with the extra syllable, it does go, but it doesn’t have a great flow. You liked [name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f], so this might be a nice choice for you, and it’s a full name, where [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would constantly be explaining that [name_f]Liv[/name_f] was her full first name, and not a nickname. And my phone keeps autocorrecting to Live, which is probably what everyone else’s would do, also.)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] (it goes, but it does tend to make one pause between names)

I agree with other posters on the name [name_f]Rose[/name_f], unless you change it up, and name your daughter [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], I’d scrap it altogether.

[name_f]Marin[/name_f] all the way! I also like [name_f]Liv[/name_f], though. [name_u]Love[/name_u] your son’s name, and [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is a combo I’ve considered as well. You have excellent taste.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t use [name_f]Rose[/name_f], that will add to the Disney theme. [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] and [name_f]Anna[/name_f], and [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (sleeping beauty’s real name in many versions)

Another vote to use [name_f]Thea[/name_f] as the first name. Otherwise, [name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] would be my pick

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] is also my absolute favorite of all your choices. I also think [name_f]Briar[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Thea[/name_f] sound great together.

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Olive[/name_f] or [name_f]Thea[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Next favorite is [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but [name_f]Marin[/name_f] [name_f]Thea[/name_f] has the best flow.

[name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] is my favourite of their names too!

[name_f]Thea[/name_f] would be nice as a first name, but my wife doesn’t like it enough to have as a first name.

I did not know that about [name_f]Briar[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Thanks for telling me.