Getting closer (Jack vs Forrest)

I realize I’m only 20 weeks and have time to choose a name but I like being prepared :joy: I think we have it narrowed down. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is ok with either so it’s really my choice. [name_m]Can[/name_m] I have your thoughts on these two combos? I’m pretty sure we will just take them to the hospital with us and see which fits.

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] (saints names, nature name hubby’s fave)
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Sophrony (family name/nature name, saint name, my fave I have been trying to name a boy [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] since I was first pregnant!)

Thanks berries :cherries:

3 Likes

They are both great combos! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is so handsome! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a bit more popular then [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] which makes me lean towards [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] more, but I like this overall combo more than [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Sophrony. Either way they are both great names!

3 Likes

I adore [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]! It’s such a handsome name that’s both gentle and effortlessly cool.

3 Likes

It’s my all time fave! [name_f]My[/name_f] hesitations really have to do with what other people think of it in our family circle… which I know they shouldn’t!

Congratulations :partying_face::partying_face:

Both are lovely names! [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is a handsome choice with a whimsical sound that feels refreshing. I like it. [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] is on my top 10 and I get why you love it. [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] is handsome and has a great outdoorsy quality I prefer [name_u]Forest[/name_u] spelling wise but still lovely name. I also think it would be nice for you to be able to use a name you’ve loved since getting pregnant. Sophrony works with [name_m]Forrest[/name_m].
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Sophrony is great I would go with that one as you love [name_m]Forrest[/name_m].

1 Like

I normally prefer [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] over [name_m]Jack[/name_m] but [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is so awesome… hard to choose! I think I prefer [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] but both are stunning

4 Likes

Both are lovely, but it sounds like your heart is really with [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], so I have to place my vote for him!

3 Likes

I adore [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] as a combo but it sounds like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] has your heart :green_heart: I think that could make him the one for you!

2 Likes

I love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] & think it would age better & be more convenient then [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] for you little one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I really like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u]!

1 Like

Both would work very well in your sibset! I am partial to Jack, especially with the mn Florian – Jack Florian is just so fantastic! :star_struck:

And, tbh, I slightly prefer Jack with your older boys’ names anyway. They are all subtly rugged without being overly nature-y, if that makes sense. I picture all three being outdoorsy and adventurous, and Jack fits that vibe. Forrest, to me, is a little more quiet and homey, though still outdoorsy.

But, of course, you can’t go wrong, whichever you choose. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] as a name and with your kid’s names, but what about using both! You could do [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] or [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes I do like them both, I’m trying to keep an open mind about both names. We will probably not choose his name until leaving the hospital like with my second

1 Like

Forrest Sophrony is so cool and handsome! I love it

1 Like

I vote [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] if that is an option!

2 Likes

My only hesitation is my husband who is insisting the [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] gump jokes will be endless :sob:

1 Like

Jack [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is awesome! Plus he won’t have to hear “run, [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], run” (though I do like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] too)

2 Likes

Jack [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is such a gorgeous combo! I quite like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] (although I prefer [name_u]Forest[/name_u]) and [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Sophrony is unique and interesting but I don’t think you can beat [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u] - it’s such a great combination of rugged and artistic!

1 Like

First of all… I just want to say I won’t be having children for at least the next few years, and I still have names picked out for all my kids. It’s okay to plan early! You will not be judged for it here, I can promise you that.

Second of all, those are both really great choices. I loove [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Florian[/name_u], and it might be my favorite out of your options. It flows really well, so my only concern is that [name_m]Jack[/name_m] might be a bit popular. If you don’t mind that, then there’s no issue. I also really like [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] Sophrony! Especially since it’s an honor name. I think it sounds like you’re a little more excited for [name_m]Forrest[/name_m], and you should definitely choose whichever one feels right to you. Honestly though, you can’t go wrong either way! :heart:

Jack is my favorite. [name_m]Forrest[/name_m] could be spelled [name_u]Forest[/name_u], so I would just stick with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] because its roguish and cheeky and traditional with only one spelling.