Getting really close to delivery and no name, help me pick please!

We have it narrowed down to [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. I want a name that is sassy but pretty, and not too common. Nothing too sweet (we considered [name_f]Mary[/name_f], my grandmother’s name, but it wasn’t spunky enough). [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is my cat’s name, so DH thinks it might be weird, but that’s been my favorite name since I was a little girl. [name_m]Will[/name_m] it be boring or weird to have Tabithas in the house? Not enough variety? [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] I’ve always liked too, it was my DH’s grandmother’s name, but I’m worried that it’s too popular name. I think there are more Sophias around, but how popular is [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] right now? Lastly, we’re from [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] (but don’t live there anymore) and thought that might be a nice name. But I don’t know. Middle name will be [name_f]Anne[/name_f]. Last name starts with S, 5 letters, sounds [name_m]French[/name_m] but is actually [name_f]Indian[/name_f]. Please help!!

Maybe you would like [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]?

Definitely go with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - love the connection for your family and it pairs so nicely with the MN.

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] - I say go for it. You’ve obviously loved it for a long time. Change the cats name or give the cat a nn. It’ll be a funny story latter. I have a friend that gave her dog her favorite name and when her son was born she changed the dogs name to something similar sounding. Then she gave her son her favorite name. I think lots of people regret giving pets their favorite names when they start to have children. [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is unique and spunky.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] - this is one of my personal favorites. It’s a beautiful classic with the cute nn [name_f]Georgie[/name_f]. I love the meaningful connection for you and your husband.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is nice but too popular for me personally. I think many Sophias use the nn [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

I would personally go with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] it sounds perfect for you and I love it

I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. If you go with [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], change the cats name.

My immediate choice was [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. Then I read about your cat. That does make it quite difficult but if your DH is on board, I don’t see why you shouldn’t use it. It fits all your criteria and it’s something you’ve always loved. Maybe start calling the cat [name_f]Tabby[/name_f]?

My second choice would be [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. It also fits your criteria but is more popular than [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f].

Good luck!

I vote for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f]!

The name [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] would be a very good fit for you, but I think it sounds a little too spunky sometimes. [name_f]Lidia[/name_f], with two I’s, is softer and I think a better fit.
Also [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Mallory[/name_f], [name_f]Natalie[/name_f] and [name_f]Adriana[/name_f] could be good fits.
From what you said about the names, I do think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] would be a bit strange. I would not name my child [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] with the cat in the house. Also, whenever you call your daughter the cat will come running.
I prefer [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] from what you said, but since it’s where you’re from, maybe a similar name would be better? [name_f]Remember[/name_f] it’s your baby, and these are just suggestions.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is lovely!
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a bit popular, in my opinion. If [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is your favorite, then definitely go for that–better to give your daughter the name that you’ve always loved.

I think [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is my favorite of the names you said. You could do like someone else suggested and just call the cat [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] instead? But it still might be too weird.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is nice but I prefer [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. Also, [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] sounds kind of boring. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] would be pretty cute.

Lastly, personally I would never name my child [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is a state. It’s nice that it has special meaning, though. Omg why not change the cats name to [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] instead? That idea just popped in to my head =P

I always try to think about what the kid is going to think of their name. It’s impossible to know what your child’s taste is going to be. But, fun tidbit, I hated my given name so much that I changed it when I was 12. (There was also some other stuff going on but I happily picked a new name!)

Good luck, anyways!

Georgia[/name_f]][name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] S_______ initials Spells GAS!
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] way too popular.
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] I like…can spell it [name_f]Tabetha[/name_f] instead of the Bitha thus, people cannot accuse you of naming her after your cat!

OP here. I had not thought of the initials GAS! My cat [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is 16, so I cannot change her name. We mostly call her Tabs or [name_f]Tabby[/name_f] anyway.

I adore [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. I only know of one [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], besides that I have never known or met a [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]. My next choice would be [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

I wouldn’t worry too much about the initials. When I have had to initial things it was usually my first name and surname. [name_m]Even[/name_m] so, it would not bother me unless it was really offensive. If you want to monogram things it will be GSA.

I think [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is darling! But not exactly sassy. The suggestion of [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] really says sassy yet pretty.

Wow, this is a hard decision! I like all three! After contemplating a while, I think my overall favourite would be [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. I used to connect it to cats as well. That is, until I read the [name_f]Sue[/name_f] [name_m]Barton[/name_m] series, and now when I hear [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], I think of her daughter and her nn Tabs.

What about [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]? I had thought of that initially as well, but my DH didn’t like it quite as much but now I’m liking it more. [name_m]Just[/name_m] not sure if [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] S… is too many S’s. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] Sante for example. Too much?

I think if you love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and always have, you should go with it. You often call the cat Tabs or [name_f]Tabby[/name_f], right? And at 16, well, not to be negative or anything, but she’s getting old. There won’t be two Tabithas in your home forever and you might have a nice story to share with your little girl about the cat [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] when she was born, who shared her name, and was a big part of your life for a lot of years.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a lovely name, but it’s not as spunky as [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and is very common as a short form for [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], although I do like the personal significance for you. I just feel that if your heart is with [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], you should go with [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f].

If [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is your favorite, I’d say go for it. [name_m]How[/name_m] much do you like your cat? Not that you’re naming your child after your pet, but I’ve had cats who are really great and cats that are less great and I’d feel more inclined to share names if it were a really nice cat. It’s a little unusual, and might be weird if it was a really young cat that’d be around for another fifteen years, but given the situation I don’t think it’s a problem if you really love the name. Alternatively, you could save the name for a potential future daughter who arrives after the cat has passed, so you don’t have two Tabithas in the house.

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a bit popular, but if you love it, it shouldn’t be a total dealbreaker. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is beautiful and doesn’t have the drawbacks of the other names, but it sounds like you’re not really sold on it. All three are beautiful, you can’t go wrong.

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] is the one name I’ve loathed since childhood… I’ll leave it at that because that’s just my personal opinion. :wink: My vote is for [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. Both are gorgeous and not nearly as popular as [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. Maybe you can save [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] for the next kiddo when kitty isn’t in the picture anymore (I don’t mean that to be insensitive, I can’t even think about my kitty not being with me anymore…). Anyway, good luck!