Getting really close to delivery and no name, help me pick please!

Well my cats are like my babies, so yes, I love [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] the cat quite a lot. As for saving the name for a future daughter, being that I’m 40, I don’t think I have the luxury of saving a name, although you never know!

Going by your criteria of something not too common, I think you should rule out [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] are both very popular. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] are both spunky names. I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] sounds a little ‘prettier’, but either would be great.

Yes now I am thinking [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] might be too popular after reading these replies. I don’t know any little kids so didn’t realize how insanely popular it is. Only thing bothering me about [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] now (I think that’s DH’s fav after [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]) is the initials GAS…

I adore [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is fabulous. For you though [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] really sticks out. It is a bit weird your cat is also [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], but if it’s a name you love go for it. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is nice, not really my style. All 3 are gorgeous though, you cannot go wrong.

My cat was [name_u]Abby[/name_u], and I could never see myself naming my daughter [name_u]Abby[/name_u] because I loved my cat so much.

Would you be open to an variation of [name_f]Anne[/name_f] in the middle spot to avoid the initials GAS.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Roseanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Joanne[/name_f]

Or maybe [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] could still honor [name_f]Anne[/name_f] then you could use a different middle.

Well my middle is [name_f]Anne[/name_f], and so was my mother’s ([name_f]Anne[/name_f]), and [name_f]MIL[/name_f] is [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. So middle is [name_f]Anne[/name_f]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] is so pretty and I love [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] too. I don’t think the initials are a big deal. No one really ever puts all 3 initials anywhere but at the same time I could see why it would bother you. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is popular but it’s popular because it’s gorgeous. I think sometimes we can worry too much about popularity. I know I drive myself crazy worrying about popularity and trends. I think it’s better to just use the name you and hubby love most and want to hear everyday.

I say [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], as you suggested afterwards. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] edges ahead for me because I think it will flow a little better with your surname.

I don’t think initials are that important. The only time you ever use your initials is when signing legal documents in which case she would just sign GS, as is standard. Otherwise, when will anybody ever know her initials? If it really bothers you, go with [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]! The S sound with your last name is fine, I mean you were considering [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] after all!

Hmm… so they each have plusses and minuses. I agree that if you choose to use [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], you should change the cat’s name. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you call her by a nickname and/or term of endearment that can become her permanent name? Something she might recognize but not too close to what would now be your daughter’s name. (I can relate somewhat; I used two of my favorite girl names on my cats. Luckily i had a boy so there was no conflict. But I think I consider those names used and done.)

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] sounds like a great choice. My only concerns would be, do you have a lot of family that live there? Would it be odd to them? On the other hand, maybe they’d love it! [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] pride. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a lovely, sweet, chic name, and a family name. I try not to focus on popularity so much… Use what you love and what feels right for you.

I guess my preferences are [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. You have a [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] already in the family. :slight_smile: good luck!

I’m so torn! We actually don’t call our cat by her full name, [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], that much. She has a lot of nn- Tabs, [name_u]Tab[/name_u], [name_f]Tabby[/name_f], Tabolina, etc. But on her prescriptions and vet records and such, it’s [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]. I do like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], maybe I shouldn’t worry so much about popularity? But my DH and I both have unusual names and I never wanted something ordinary for our child. I like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] as well but I don’t know if it flows with our last name, Sathe, as well. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe. Maybe that’s not as pretty as [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe? Ugh I don’t know!

Aww, you’ll figure it out! how do you pronounce Sathe? I feel like [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] might be the best, but maybe I’m saying it wrong…

Are you hoping to focus and narrow from these 3-4, or would you be interested in more suggestions? (Didn’t read thru whole thread, sorry!)

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe is a really gorgeous combo. Hearing that the cat goes by several nicknames (my sweet pup does too) it really makes using [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] a non-issue. I keep putting myself in your daughter’s shoes, like how who I feel knowing I was named after a pet. I truly don’t think it would bother me.

Our name is pronounced sa-tay, like the Thai appetizer or [name_m]French[/name_m] cooking method.

I dont mind alliterative names at all, but I do think alliteration plus the same # syllables makes it a bit sing-songy. (I.e. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] Sat-ay) not a deal breaker, but I do think the other options flow better with your last name, if that makes a difference to you. I think [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] Sat-ay sounds fine.

Oh and I rethought about using your cats name, and the thing is, the cat doesn’t care what her name is, we name pets more for ourselves. So maybe it’s not such a big deal to reuse the name, if you truly love it.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is still my first pick for you. Good luck!

I like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f].

Ok what about [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]? Have been thinking about that one too. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] Sathe. Similar sound to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], similar feel to [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] but not as common as [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]?

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] is so underused and fantastic! I hope you use it!

While I adore the name [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], it would be weird if that’s your cat’s name. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] has the best flow, but there are Sophies and Sophias everywhere! Eeek, please no, not another one! Therefore, I would go with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], but I do like [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] better…or as another poster said, [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f]/[name_f]Georgianna[/name_f] or even [name_f]Georgeanne[/name_f] so that you could put a different middle name because then you wouldn’t get GAS for initials. Plus, [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] doesn’t flow all that well imo. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] [name_f]Marianne[/name_f] might work.

[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is a gorgeous name and is certainly underused. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] does have a very similar feel to [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] and Sound to [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] It is far less popular than [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] sounds nice with your middle and last name. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] hits that sweet spot that everyone loves recognizable but unique at the same time. I’d say [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] seems perfect!