Getting screwed out of my favorite name :(

Uh, OK so hubby and i reciently discovered we were pregnant. Only 6 weeks right now but me being me, i need to have this all figured out now. Our girls name that we have picked out is the same now that it was from before our pregnancy when we were simply panning names, [name]Alice[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. However NONE of our boys names sound right anymore. [name]Sebastian[/name] doesnt sound right, [name]Orion[/name] is OK, and [name]Dane[/name] doesnt work. I have many favorite names, my twi big favorites being [name]Jude[/name] and [name]Pierce[/name]. swooon Oh how i love these names. However my husband is far less enthusiastic. [name]Jude[/name] is jew’d. And the big problem with [name]Pierce[/name] is that it happens to be the name of my first real boyfriend before my husband (though this is from middle school, and i really only liked him cause i loved his name) and my husband has a big problem with this. I think it would be less of a problem if this guy wasnt still around. Though we dont speak. We are around each other frequently (though we probably wont be coming this may/june as hubby and i plan on moving). I really want to fight for a name that i really love, but i feel its almost unfair to ask him to be ok with it. But it breaks my heart at the same time. Im at a loss at what to do because to me, so far, [name]Pierce[/name] is the only name that ‘works’ that i can see on my baby in 8 months. Oh the name misery. I really feel like this guys existance from the 6th grade is screwing me out of my absolute favorite name. That mixed with my husbands unwillingness to agree or consider any real boys name that i like. And his inability to find boys names he likes*.

Other names hubby and I have agreed on are [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Penn[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of which i like, just feel like they are missing something.

Middle name will either be [name]Michael[/name] or [name]Nathaniel[/name].

Thanks so much and sorry it was so long!

I think its important for both parents to love the name of their children. It seems like your husband strongly associates the name [name]Pierce[/name] with your ex (although it does seem like an unfair association, since this was way back in middle school). I’m guessing that he thinks of that guy every time he hears the name. What about the similar name [name]Piers[/name] (pronounced with more of a ‘z’ sound at the end, like [name]Piers[/name] [name]Anthony[/name])?

Does he love anything? My DH loves the name [name]Simon[/name], and his enthusiasm for the name made me love it too.

Oh haha no i think that would make my ability to be ok with another name much easier. My husband does not like any boys names. He settles, so he doesnt love any name no matter what. [name]Every[/name] name i suggest is a no. So i has just gotten to the point of frustration. Were i honestly just cant hlep but wonder if its not the names that he has a problem with, but the idea of having a son and not a daughter (he wants girls). So to me its just annoying that he doesnt like any names and seems to only have a problem with boys names because there boys names. So i dont know that he actually deeply associated it with this guy, or if its just a problem he has with the idea of having a boy first and not a girl. Which is really starting to bother me. He has only been able to say ‘its ok’ to [name]Benjamin[/name] and [name]Penn[/name].

seeing as you are only 6 weeks pregnant, maybe you should stop worrying about it for a while or it’s going to be a long 9 months…

are you going to find out the sex? if so, why not wait until then to find out if you even need to come up with a boys’ name? plus, it sounds like your husband isn’t really into the naming process too much now anyway (maybe because it’s so far away from now?)

as for [name]Pierce[/name]: if your husband associates the name with your ex then you shouldn’t push to name your son that. especially if he only wants girls! you don’t want your son to already have 2 strikes against him with his dad when he comes out…

you have some other great names on your list anyway! and i’m sure with a bit of research you can find a name you both love (once the hubby is in the mood to discuss it…)

just my advice.