Getting to Indy

Lately I’ve been kinda digging [name_f]Indy[/name_f]/[name_f]Indie[/name_f] for a boy.

I like it on its own, but really like the full name [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]. I’ve also been toying with [name_u]Indiana[/name_u], but it’s a state I haven’t visited, and maybe it’s a little too “[name_m]Jones[/name_m]”.

Which do you like best?

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any more suggestions for what [name_f]Indy[/name_f] could be a nickname of?

I like [name_u]Linden[/name_u] NN: [name_f]Indy[/name_f] for a boy

I have a son named just [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and get many compliments on his name

1 Like

I’d go with [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f]. [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] is just fun to say.

I love [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]! There’s [name_m]Indio[/name_m] as well but I much would prefer [name_u]Indigo[/name_u].

I also like [name_u]Linden[/name_u]. But I like the nn of [name_f]Linny[/name_f] better.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Indy[/name_f] or [name_u]Linden[/name_u] and especially with the middle name [name_u]Blue[/name_u].

I love [name_f]Indy[/name_f]! I think it stands alone, just fine! I prefer [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] to [name_u]Indiana[/name_u]. I like pp suggestion of [name_u]Linden[/name_u]. There’s also Indor (a city in [name_f]India[/name_f]) that I’ve heard used as a boy name, but I prefer [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]Linden[/name_u] to Indor!
Best wishes!

This doesn’t really sound like your style but I heard once of a [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] who went by [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and I thought it was adorable :slight_smile:

I love just [name_f]Indie[/name_f], while I just had [name_f]Indie[/name_f] on my list I like the suggestion of [name_m]Indio[/name_m] or [name_u]Indigo[/name_u].

Thanks for the responses, I’m glad you guys think [name_f]Indy[/name_f] holds up on its own!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you mind if I ask what middle you paired it with?

So to answer the middle name question kind of a long answer. I had kind of a diffucult brith w him and was on a lot of drugs. We went to the hospital w 2 names [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and Dashiel. But left the hospital w a name that wasn’t even on our list. About a month later we decided that the name we chose did not work on him and started calling him [name_f]Indy[/name_f] my DH first choice. We kept his originals name as the middle name so it’s [name_f]Indy[/name_f] R!ver W@yward. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps. I think 2 syllable names will work in the middle.

I suppose [name_m]Inigo[/name_m] could also work for [name_f]Indy[/name_f]?

Our [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f] currently pronounces his name as “[name_m]Inigo[/name_m]”–still working on that d. And we call him both [name_f]Indy[/name_f] and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] but when you ask him what his name is he says “In(d)igo”! so he seems to prefer his full name so far.

Or [name_m]Indio[/name_m] like somebody else mentioned.

Thanks! I was actually thinking [name_f]Indy[/name_f]/[name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]River[/name_u] would make nice brothers.

Since I like both equally at this point, I think if I were ever to go with it, my preference would be based on flow with the ln. Like with my ln, I find [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] really stunning.

Here in Australia [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] is a girl’s name.

I completely agree with this. I love [name_f]Indy[/name_f]/[name_f]Indie[/name_f] as a stand alone name, but [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] is one of my all time favourites, and I love saying it. I don’t have any other suggestions, but I do think you’re onto a winner with [name_f]Indy[/name_f] or [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] nn [name_f]Indy[/name_f].

gonna jump on this thread and say I love love [name_f]Indie[/name_f] too! It’s my top favourite for a boy and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] is on my list for both boys and girls… I think [name_f]Indie[/name_f]/[name_f]Indy[/name_f] stands well on it’s own but is also so lovely as a nickname for [name_u]Indigo[/name_u].