Getting to Mac

My apologies if this has been covered but I tried a search to no avail.
[name_m]Long[/name_m] story short I’m convinced this little blueberry is a boy and am having trouble getting the enthusiasm up for boy names, they’re much harder for me.

The only one that I come back to is [name_m]Mac[/name_m] but I’d want a longer version. I have [name_m]Malcolm[/name_m] and [name_m]Cormac[/name_m] on my list but husband is “meh” about them.

[name_m]Mac[/name_m] is the beginning of my maiden name. I’d use the maiden name in full but don’t prefer it for a first name (baby’s last name is Russian/Polish sounding and combined they sound like a multicultural law firm…). It’s not off the table for a middle name I guess…

I’m a huge nicknamer so if I have a hope of calling him [name_m]Mac[/name_m] I need a longer full name. Any ideas for me? Thank you!

Macintosh
[name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Maverick[/name_m]
Malachai
I think some other m names would also work if a c middle, like [name_m]Cole[/name_m] or [name_u]Camden[/name_u], was used.
Something like [name_m]Martin[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] or [name_u]Mason[/name_u] [name_m]Caleb[/name_m].

Let me know what you think!

[name_m]Macsen[/name_m]
[name_m]Macallister[/name_m]
Macklin

[name_m]Mac[/name_m] is great! I think a [name_u]Max[/name_u]- name would work as a way to get there.

[name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
[name_m]Macsen[/name_m] (Welsh)
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachy[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]

I also love [name_m]Cormac[/name_m]!

[name_m]McCormack[/name_m]
[name_m]Macauley[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]

Or just naming him [name_m]Mac[/name_m] without a longer name

If you like [name_m]Cormac[/name_m], you may like [name_m]McCormack[/name_m] - it feels a little fuller and your husband may like it. I think the PP’s have made great suggestions, but I also agree with @mariposa90 about just naming him [name_m]Mac[/name_m]. I think it’s got enough umph to standalone!

My great grandfather was [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_m]Mack[/name_m] and I adore his name. I think you could do [name_m]Mac[/name_m] as a middle and call him by that as well if none of the longer names really appeal to you.

I am 100% in favor of you using your maiden name as your route to [name_m]Mac[/name_m].

Macintosh
[name_m]Macauley[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
Macintire

Agree with others on just naming him [name_m]Mac[/name_m]! I have a friend that goes by [name_m]Mac[/name_m] - his full name is Macullen.