Gibson or elwood?

[name]Hi[/name] I’m new here :slight_smile: I’m six weeks pregnant with our second (little bro or sis to dd [name]River[/name] [name]Maree[/name]) and already obsessed about names! I’m wanting opinions about the two boy names we’ve picked out! The first is [name]Elwood[/name], meaning ‘of the old forrest’ and the second is [name]Gibson[/name], as in the guitar, my husband is a muso and I think this is his favourite. Middle name will be [name]Neil[/name] in honour of my beloved deceased uncle, out last name is [name]Watt[/name]. So opinions and votes please! Thankyou :slight_smile:

I think I prefer [name]Gibson[/name]. It goes better with your last name, and I just like the sound of it better. [name]Elwood[/name] kinda sounds like a nerd to me. My family is also very musical, so I like the guitar reference. There are other guitar references you can make, if you just don’t like [name]Gibson[/name]. My dad’s guitar is an old [name]Martin[/name] guitar for instance. Also, there are a number of famous guitar players you can look at: [name]Les[/name] [name]Paul[/name], [name]Eric[/name] Clapton, etc. Good luck, and congrats!

Sorry, but I don’t care for either name. What about [name]Sebastian/name for a musical reference name?

Whenever I think of the name [name]Gibson[/name], I picture a guitar, so I like that one best. I agree that [name]Elwood[/name] sounds a bit nerdy or old-mannish. If you’re way into music, I’d say look into guitar names and musician names, exactly like pp said. [name]Music[/name] is definitely a great place to look for names :slight_smile:

[name]Gibson[/name] [name]Neil[/name] is very handsome. It’s refreshing to hear.

[name]Gibson[/name] [name]Neil[/name] [name]Watt[/name]…that’s so cool!! I love the name [name]Gibson[/name], but with the last name [name]Watt[/name] (as it Wattage, I presume) is pretty rad. Very musical sounding, and very handsome. [name]Love[/name] it!

I like [name]Gibson[/name] a lot. The meaning behind it is really nice. [name]Elwood[/name] doesn’t flow really well with [name]Watt[/name].

[name]Elwood[/name] is my grandfather and great-grandfather’s name so I have a fondness for it. I have to vote for [name]Gibson[/name] though.

I love [name]Elwood[/name] because of the movie [name]Harvey[/name] with [name]Jimmy[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]. It makes me smile to say it! At the same time, it would be difficult to pull off today. It sounds a little like [name]Elmer[/name], which is not cool imo. I really want to like [name]Elwood[/name], but I have to say I think [name]Gibson[/name] will get along much easier in 2012. It has a little more edge to it, but it’s still classy. Nice choices.

I’d tend to lean towards [name]Gibson[/name]. Unfortunately in [name]Canada[/name] most people would connect it with a fairly popular brand of Canadian Whiskey first but I’m guessing you aren’t Canadian and it’s probably not an issue elsewhere (or it doesn’t bother you - after all there’s a long tradition of alcoholic beverages as names.)

I really want to like [name]Elwood[/name], but I agree that it could be considered a bit old manish. My first thought was actually [name]Elwood[/name] J. Blues, [name]Dan[/name] Akroyd’s character from the Blues Brothers so there’s sort of a musical connection there too.

I really like [name]Gibson[/name]! Very cool and Gibs would make a cool nn. As a side note I am Canadian but I have never heard of the Whiskey with this name.

Really? [name]Gibson[/name]'s Finest Canadian Whiskey? Maybe I hang out with too many drinkers. lol