Gideon Scott & Harper Grace Burtka-Harris

[name]Neil[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Harris[/name] and [name]David[/name] Burtka’s twins have arrived! According to NPH’s twitter, they were born on [name]October[/name] 12th, and are named [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Scott[/name] & [name]Harper[/name] [name]Grace[/name].

Such lovely names! What do you think?

I just read the news!!

I’m so bummed. [name]Gideon[/name] has been my husband’s and my top boy name for quite some time now. But now it’s gone celebrity :frowning:

I just came here to see if anyone had posted this yet! I’m not crazy about the names since [name]Gideon[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] seem like a strange pair to me, but I’m super happy for them! They seem like they would be great dads.

So cute!! I wish they went for something a little more feminine for the girl name but I think they flow well together nevertheless.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] but so strange to pair it with a trendy, unisex but skewing female Irish name like [name]Harper[/name]. Quite the opposites of one another. [name]Don[/name]'t get me wrong, I like [name]Harper[/name], just wish it wasn’t trending up so quickly because it’s a family name for me.

There are so many grand girl Hebrew names to go with [name]Gideon[/name]! Oh well.

I agree that the two names are a really odd combo

[name]Gideon[/name] is ok but it’s not my favourite Biblical name. It always reminds me of what a child might say to a horse ( “giddy-up”). [name]Scott[/name] is a strange pairing to say the least. [name]Harper[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is ok but not with [name]Gideon[/name]. Very odd combination of names for twins. Perhaps these guys should have asked the Nameberries for some great sibset suggestions before their final choices!!! Ha Ha! [name]Alicia[/name] [name]Keys[/name] named her son [name]Egypt[/name] which seems more feminine to me. Oh well, the whims of celebrities…

[name]Gideon[/name] is great and very refreshing! I’m not a fan of [name]Harper[/name], though. At all. It’s very trendy among celebrities, and I think it’s way too masculine and reminiscent of harpies. Not a great match.

[name]Just[/name] noticed …[name]Harper[/name] [name]Harris[/name] is not a good match even if Burtka is in the middle! AR AR ER ER!!!

Obviously in the minority – I think [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Scott[/name] is a GREAT pairing (I like the lyrical [name]Gideon[/name] with the curt [name]Scott[/name]), and I really like [name]Gideon[/name] with [name]Harper[/name]. The reason being [name]Harper[/name] is definitely a girl’s name [name]IMO[/name] but a more unisex (ie tomboyish) girl’s name, and [name]Gideon[/name] while clearly a boys name, is not at all a macho boy’s name. So I think the 2 are lovely together.

And her name isn’t [name]Harper[/name] [name]Harris[/name], it’s [name]Harper[/name] Burtka-[name]Harris[/name].

I only recently stumbled upon the name [name]Harper[/name] and it has fast become one of my favorites. It appears, however, that I have been living under a rock because now I’m seeing it everywhere. I also would have never thought of it as a masculine name by any means. To me it seems very feminine ([name]Harper[/name] [name]Lee[/name]). I’m trying to get my husband to come around to it, too, in case we ever have a girl. I think [name]Harper[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is a great combination. [name]Gideon[/name] is a nice name as well, but not really for me.