Gigi Hadid Baby name

Okay apparently the [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]/Zayn baby has been named [name_m]Khai[/name_m], [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s Instagram bio now says “[name_m]Khai[/name_m]’s mom” thoughts? (Also not 100% confirmed, just what people have been saying since she added it to her bio)

7 Likes

Oooo I’ve never heard [name_m]Khai[/name_m] on a girl, [name_m]Khai[/name_m] [name_m]Malik[/name_m] sounds so good!

1 Like

Interesting, very different than our guesses

4 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly what I thought, but the name is Arabic and means “crowned” which ties to their heritage/culture.

1 Like

Yes I know, I’d just expect something more girly (like [name_f]Yara[/name_f] etc.)

1 Like

Oh yeah, I get what you mean, her sister [name_f]Bella[/name_f]’s middle name is Khair, so maybe that’s why?

I love it! I think it fits with [name_m]Zayn[/name_m] and [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] so well.

1 Like

It fits their heritage well and also the celeb trend of classically boys names on girls, so it’s not too unexpected. Not what I’d have chosen, clearly!

1 Like

So sweet! A couple of people are guessing on whether [name_m]Khai[/name_m] is short for something, but I think [name_m]Khai[/name_m] is just so lovely all on its own :heartbeat:

1 Like

Zayn has also gotten the Arabic for [name_m]Khai[/name_m] tattooed on his wrist.

I love it! I love that they chose something reflecting their heritage. It’s a very sweet nod to [name_f]Bella[/name_f]’s middle name too. Fits right in with the celebrity trend of using boys’ names on girls (my personal thoughts on the trend notwithstanding) and I think it’s easy to imagine on a girl thanks to the similarity with [name_f]Kaia[/name_f].

So happy for them! [name_u]Wonder[/name_u] if she has a middle name.

1 Like

I agree with others it’s nice that they’ve used an Arabic name to reflect their heritage along with feeling very fashionable using a traditional boys name on girls. Also the family connection is sweet. Personally I would preferred a more feminine Arabic girls name but that’s just me : )

3 Likes

I think it’s a very sweet choice.

1 Like

Apparently [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s grandmother’s name is Khairiah, so that’s probably an honour name

2 Likes

This is an abomination of Hawaiian culture. :confused:

It’s [name_u]Kai[/name_u], not KHAI!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m pretty sure it’s to honor [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]’s grandmother and the ‘[name_m]Khai[/name_m]’ spelling is Arabic, which also ties to their culture.

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound like they used it as a creative spelling of [name_u]Kai[/name_u]. It’s a legitimate Arabic name or a variant of one so [name_m]Khai[/name_m] feels more authentic than [name_u]Kai[/name_u] would. Also, [name_u]Kai[/name_u] has a lot of origins in a lot of cultures so it wouldn’t be a direct target at Hawaiian culture anyways.

13 Likes

Interesting choice. Does anyone know how they pronounce it? Because I’m pretty sure the Arabic Kh has a different sound from the [name_f]English[/name_f] K.

1 Like

@abby_gail_t & @SparkleNinja18 Sorry. I guess I just can get pretty defensive at times. :confused: There’s nothing wrong with being proud. :slight_smile:

• Kakileli (my Hawaiian name)
1 Like

I have some Arab friends & they say something along the lines of this: (They say I’m close but not quiet right – This got brought up when we were discussing language one day. :slight_smile)

And yes that is coming from me, a human being. And yes that is coming from me, a human being. :joy: no, sorry @jomarchisqueen, @miss_mayhem, & @Helena006, I’m a CROW! :joy:

3 Likes

it’s not a hawaiian name, it’s a completely different name that happens to sound similar

3 Likes