Gigi Louise

[name]Hi[/name] Berries,

Thoughts on this name?

Is [name]Gigi[/name] ok to stand-alone as a first name?

I have 2 1/2 months to go. I’m almost committed to [name]Ginger[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - my favorite. But thought about trying out [name]Gigi[/name] as a stand-alone since we call her [name]Gigi[/name].

[name]Grace[/name] and [name]Louise[/name] are both important family names so i will use one of those. I would consider [name]Louisa[/name] too.

[name]Gigi[/name] is not enough to stand on its own in my opinion but I love the idea of it as a nn. I think it could easily be a nickname for any name starting with G. [name]Even[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Louise[/name] could naturally be a [name]Gigi[/name], I think. [name]Even[/name] better if both first and middle start with G but I wouldn’t limit myself in that way just for the nickname - nicknames are fluid and I wouldn’t hesitate calling [name]Grace[/name], [name]Gigi[/name] if I wanted to.

To answer your question, no, I do not think [name]Gigi[/name] stands alone well as the full name. Someday she is going to be a grown up, and [name]Gigi[/name] will not serve her well.

I adore the middle name [name]Louise[/name].

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Louise[/name] might be a nice option, and since [name]Gemma[/name] starts with a soft G, it might better lend itself to GG than other hard G names.

That said, I don’t see anything wrong with using [name]Gigi[/name] as a nn for any G name, though you may feel differently. If you agree, here are some other suggestions:
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Gregoria[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

I’m impartial to [name]Gigi[/name] as a stand-alone name… but I [name]DO[/name] think it looks great written, combined with [name]Louise[/name], the way you have done. Not a combination that we see often. So, good on you!

[name]GIGI[/name] [name]LOUISE[/name]. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ginger[/name] better than [name]Gigi[/name] as a stand-alone name. My only issue is that I see [name]Ginger[/name] already as a NN, so I find it a bit strange to have a NN ([name]Gigi[/name]) for a nickname-name ([name]Ginger[/name]). Does that make sense? Have you considered [name]Gidget[/name]? [name]Gigi[/name] flows more naturally from [name]Gidget[/name], imo.
[name]Gidget[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is cute.

I don’t think [name]Gigi[/name] is substantial enough to stand on it’s own, no.

I agree with others when [name]Gigi[/name] could be short for any ‘G’ name.

Choices…
[name]Ginger[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (so cute!)
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Grace[/name] [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Ginger[/name] [name]Louise[/name] [name]Grace[/name]