Gillian and Jack

We have a 2 year old daughter, [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], and will have a baby boy born in [name_f]September[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is heart set on naming our son after his grandfather [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. We normal call our daughter [name_u]Gilly[/name_u] ([name_f]Jilly[/name_f]), [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] or [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] - rarely [name_f]Jill[/name_f]. Am I being stupid worried about having a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f]?

Thanks~

I didn’t even think about [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] until your brought it up. I think [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] make a wonderful sibling set.

I thought of it right away. But I might expect it more cause I have an aunt & uncle (twins) named [name_m]Jack[/name_m] & [name_f]Jill[/name_f] & they were teased like crazy growing up. What about using [name_m]John[/name_m]/[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] or something & nn [name_m]Jack[/name_m]?[name_m]Jack[/name_m]'s too trendy these days anyway.

I thought of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] but it is not the instant thought of everybody. Maybe you can call your daughter [name_f]Gigi[/name_f]/[name_u]Gilly[/name_u], not [name_u]Gill[/name_u], especially if you do it rarely? [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t nickname her [name_u]Gill[/name_u] and will be safe. Or pick some longer name for your son - from [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] to [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]. And do you love [name_m]Jack[/name_m] too? It is not clear to me because you have mention only your husband.
In general, [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] would make a lovely sibset.

I like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] (even though it is very popular). I am just worried about being those parents who named their kids [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f]…

I personally wouldn’t do it. Is there another way to honor the grandfather? A middle name? A surname? Another variation of [name_m]John[/name_m]? Initials?
But if your husband really, truly loves [name_m]Jack[/name_m], and you like it too, any teasing may be worthwhile to endure!

Your thread title caught my eye for that very reason. I’m sorry to say my first thought was ‘surely not…’.

I’m not sure where you live but [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is number 1 popularity-wise where I live so I’d avoid it for that reason too.

I think you can definitely find a better fit with [name_f]Gillian[/name_f].

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] (or john)
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
Allistair [name_m]Jack[/name_m]

Something classic, not too trendy or common.
Good luck

I personally have issue with having two names that start with the same sound but different letters, so that was my first thought. Not [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f].

Some one syllable names

[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m] ([name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m])
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] / [name_u]Reed[/name_u]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]

[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] was my first thought upon reading the title of your post. I would honor your grandfather by putting [name_m]Jack[/name_m] in the middle or by using some other first name that is related to him.

I’m sorry…[name_m]Jack[/name_m] and [name_f]Jill[/name_f] was my immediate reaction as well. I think the other posters’ suggestion of a mn is a great solution.