Ginger Grace

We really love this for our girl due in [name]April[/name]. We want to call her [name]Gigi[/name]. My moms name is [name]Grace[/name].

[name]Ginger[/name] seems to fit some of the criteria for retro and old glamour hollywood, and herbal. Plus you just don’t hear it at all.

Is there a reason? We think it is so feminine and fresh.

Does anyone have any comments?

Really cute! And since it hits on so many different notes (Old Hollywood, honoring your mom, etc) I’d say that it seems like a great fit.
Congratulations

I mentioned this on your other post as well, but my mom’s name is [name]Ginger[/name] and she has always complained that it is a name for horses and dogs. I agree with you that it is not heard very often and that makes it a fresh choice but I do know horses and dogs called [name]Ginger[/name] and that may be why it’s not used as a baby’s name too much

I tend to think of [name]Ginger[/name] as a nickname. pp is also correct, I feel it is more for a dog - It is like [name]Daisy[/name]. I don’t like [name]Daisy[/name] as a given name, but ok for a nickname. It was my dog’s name when I was a kid, and true story, her mother’s name was [name]Ginger[/name]. I don’t feel all dog’s names are then unfit for people (it is a fine line between “Speedy” and “[name]Jessica[/name]” (my grandmother’s dog)), but I feel [name]Ginger[/name] is ok for a nickname. My mother has a cousin called [name]Ginger[/name], but I know that is not her given name, and that her real name is not [name]Virginia[/name]. It’s not that far off, but I can’t remember what it is.

I may be way out of line, and [name]Ginger[/name] is now acceptable on its own, like [name]Molly[/name] is. [name]Lola[/name] is a popular example of people seemingly adopting (what I feel is) a nickname on its own. Sometimes people just go ahead and use a nickname as if it stands on its own, and if you are ok knowing that’s what you’re doing, then I am not in the business of preventing you, just giving you the information that I feel is correct. [name]Ginger[/name] is also a nickname for redheads.

I like [name]Ginger[/name] [name]Grace[/name], but if you want a more formal name with [name]Ginger[/name] as NN, you should know that [name]Ginger[/name] is a traditional NN for [name]Virginia[/name].
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Grace[/name] (NN [name]Ginger[/name]) would also be sweet.

To me [name]Ginger[/name] is not a formal name (and while it’s cute, I don’t know I just feel it lacks something)…
I [name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] Virgina [name]Grace[/name]- you could still use the nn [name]Gigi[/name] or [name]Ginger[/name] if you wanted.