Ginger?

What do you think of the name [name]Ginger[/name]? My husband absolutely LOVES the name. I absolutely HATE it! First of all, I don’t think it sounds, or looks, pretty or feminine. And even if I could get past that, the teasing potential is just too strong. I knew a girl in high school who had a little sister named [name]Ginger[/name], and she was teased nonstop. My husband loves the ‘vintage feel’ as he calls it.

What do you think? Would you name your daughter [name]Ginger[/name]?
Thanks,
[name]Ashley[/name]

Not my style… maybe as a nickname only…

Wouldn’t use it because I have a friend whose cat is called [name]Ginger[/name].

I have to agree with you that I don’t like the name [name]Ginger[/name]. It’s not my style and I think I have known about five too many pets with the name to ever really consider it a name for a little girl.

Good luck in finding a name you both equally love! :slight_smile:

[name]Ginger[/name] is a nickname for [name]Virginia[/name], period. If you choose [name]Ginger[/name] as a first name, please be aware of the image that this name projects to the world. Think of the sexy [name]Ginger[/name] on the TV show Gilligan’s Island. Think of all of the red-haired children who have been teased with this name. Think of all of the cats who have this moniker. Please tell your husband that there is nothing “vintage” about this name and he needs to go back to the drawing board. It reminds me of a stage name for a stripper. Sorry if I hurt your feelings but some names just should not even be considered. Parents have to think of the child’s future life. Life will be challenging just growing up in these uncertain times so don’t add to the problems.

Thanks for the feedback.

And mischa - [name]Trust[/name] me, you did not hurt my feelings at all. In fact, I agree with you 100%! My husband usually likes classic names, his all time favorite name is [name]Katherine[/name]. It makes me wonder if he’s pulling my leg a little, even though he swears he isn’t.

My neighbors have three kids named [name]Margot[/name], [name]Ginger[/name], and [name]Duncan[/name]. I feel so bad for [name]Ginger[/name]. [name]Margot[/name] is pretty, and feminine and [name]Ginger[/name] just isn’t. Some times, I wonder what people are thinking.

Thanks again,
[name]Ashley[/name]

Yeah, fun nickname, maybe, but that’s about it!

My mom’s name, her full name, is [name]Ginger[/name] and she has always hated it. It’s a name for a dog or a horse, she says! I agree that it doesn’t really have a pretty or feminine sound.