Girl Baby Name Regret

Please help me deal with my baby name regret. My baby was born on Mother’s Day. We named her Faith, but I’m not 100% sure of it when I hear it out loud. It was almost Savannah, but we went with Faith. I like it, but having doubts. Should we change it to Savannah or wait until it the name Faith “grows” on me? The SS lady said changing it will be easy, just an amendment form. I just don’t want to wait too long. Do you guys prefer Savannah over Faith? I also kind of like Skylar. What do you think is best? Thank you so much!

1 Like

Personal preferences aside, if you feel like she’s a [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], I’d change it! As far as I understand it’s easy to do. Good luck!!

7 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] is a name with a lot of history and is a hopeful, future-looking title so I think it’s great! Don’t let post partum/hormonal stuff second guess yourself. Bounce ideas off your partner (if in the picture) or your trusted friends or family. Process it thoroughly.

But at the end of the road, you’re her mom and you will make the best choice! [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] and [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] are both solid choices as well!

3 Likes

I personally prefer [name_f]Faith[/name_f] to [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. That aside, you saying, “I also kind of like Skylar,” highlights that this doesn’t seem like a situation where you were somehow swayed last minute and now look upon your daughter seeing she should have been [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] the whole time… I don’t see that with this post. But more here is a newborn and in this newborn stage they don’t seem to fit the names you have been leaning on. I’d give it time and allow [name_f]Faith[/name_f] the chance to grow on you and her.

3 Likes

Thank you for the support. I appreciate it!

True…thank you!

Yes I think you’re so right…I need to let the name grow on me. Thank you so much!

I have some experience with this. We went in with our top two names for our daughter and we ended up settling on the one I had my heart set on almost the whole pregnancy.
I still had name regret and second guessing for months after she was born.
Hormones played a big part in it but also just loving both names and only getting to pick one was hard.

I even thought she kind of looked more like the other name at the time too.
She does fit her name now though and I love saying it and seeing it written down.

Maybe it would help to remember all the reasons why the name was special to you in the first place.

She will definitely grow into whatever name you end up choosing.
In the meantime, maybe a nickname like Fay/e could make it feel more baby friendly?

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter became the completely unrelated nickname Bubbles and still gets called that half the time. :joy:

Good luck with your decision!

3 Likes

I changed my child’s name when they were a month old. I think you should change it to [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] if you feel like that’s her name. From my personal experience once I changed it I never looked back and now I can’t imagine my baby with any other name.
For what it’s worth I love both names equally and think it’s really up to you and what’s in your heart. You could also do a trial and start calling her [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] in the privacy of your home and see how it feels.
[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to message me if you want to chat it out more since I went through this too. Good luck!!

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. :smiling_face: No need to rush… both names will be here. And you’ve got time to pick!

3 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] is a beautiful name - strong and lovely.

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is sparky, cool and lovely.

I don’t think you can go wrong, however, some things to consider and ask yourself:

• what makes you feel more comfortable? does it make you feel bad to say [name_f]Faith[/name_f] out loud? would calling her [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] feel more natural?
  • have you tried calling her [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]? does it feel like her?
  • could you do something like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]? so you get both?
2 Likes

That is so great! What’s your daughter’s name. Thank you for your advice.

1 Like

That’s a great idea, thank you so much!

I actually was considering [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f], but it seems too long for her to use 2 names in school. I don’t think people would say the whole name.

2 Likes

If you feel deep down in the bottom of your heart that you want to change the name go for it so that you don’t live with regret but either way both names are beautiful and you can’t go wrong with either and waiting it out a bit longer could be beneficial in your case especially since she’s still so young :sparkles:

2 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] is beautiful and timeless. It’s also quite rare. She can also have the nn [name_f]Faye[/name_f] if you wanted, as the name can be a diminutive of [name_f]Faith[/name_f]. It’s up to you, but I love [name_f]Faith[/name_f]!

1 Like

Congratulations on your daughter :tada:

I actually love love love the name [name_f]Faith[/name_f]! She’s sweet, wholesome, a lovely virtue name which conjures up so many positive emotions and feels impactful. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] has lovely nostalgic imagery I picture a little girl in a polka dot dress selling cloudy lemonade on a bright summers day. Honestly I adore [name_f]Faith[/name_f] and I think you chose well. I definitely prefer [name_f]Faith[/name_f] too [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] & [name_u]Skylar[/name_u].

I had major baby name regrets after my daughter was born. I think it’s just such a major decision and feels so overwhelming especially when you’ve got all those hormones playing tricks on you. I would give yourself time to adjust to motherhood, your baby and everything that comes with the crazy journey of being a new mama! It’s a lot and then you’ve got on top all of this the idea of choosing the right name for the most precious person in the world your daughter. Give it time. I’m so happy I gave it time as [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is definitely my daughter’s name. I think if you give it time you may find that [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is definitely your daughter’s name. Personally I think [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is gorgeous!

Wishing you all the best :tulip:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thank you so much