Girl Name Help

Please help decide which name sounds best:
[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] or [name_f]Faith[/name_f]? We love both. Thank you!

2 Likes

Faith & Savannah are lovely options!

My sister is a Faith. It definitely suits her well. I believe her friends call her Faye (our family calls her Fifi, Feefers, Feef, Fifi-doodle, little bunny Foofoo & so on). She’s a grown woman now if you’re curious lol. It’s a gentle, sweet, & meaningful name :last_quarter_moon_with_face::tulip::sparkles:

Savannah, in my opinion, has more of a cool girl vibe. She’s gentle, earthy, & has a little more spunk than Faith. She comes with a plethora of nicknames, my favorite being Vanna :smiling_face:

I know you’ve been wrestling with this choice for awhile. Sometimes the longer I stew on something the more unsure I become. Both names are beautiful & she will grow into whatever name you settle on :heart:

4 Likes

I agree with @love.endures they’re both beautiful and you cant go wrong.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal feeling is if you havent fallen for the other name enough to change it, its probably because you made the right choice the first time around. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is beautiful!

2 Likes

Both are lovely options, so let’s weigh them up.

[name_f]Faith[/name_f]

A name that’s full of warmth and gentleness but also a strength. It’s familiar but not overused and the meaning is pleasing, in that you can have faith in various ways, religious or not.
I suppose the drawbacks could be the lack of nicknames (could also be a plus to you) and the ties to Christianity if she doesn’t personally connect to that (I don’t think it’s a huge deal as faith can be seen as more universal, and the religious ties could appeal to you anyway)

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sassy[/name_f], sparky, with kick, but feminine and glamorous too. [name_f]Savvy[/name_f], [name_f]Sassy[/name_f], [name_f]Sanna[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Vanna[/name_f], [name_u]Van[/name_u] make cute nicknames too.
Drawbacks could be that, depending on where you are, it is more popular, and sounds similar to other popular names like Anna/Hannah/Annie/Annabel.

Over all, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is my favourite today, but it could be [name_f]Faith[/name_f] on another. I guess it depends what vibes you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f]. I still think [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is timeless. If it was me, I would choose [name_f]Faith[/name_f] over [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] for two reasons. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] has the lovelier meaning, and I feel it sounds more classy than [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Savannah[/name_f], just not quite so much.

1 Like

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] is more classic and timeless whereas [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] feels modern and trendy. It depends what you are going for. I like the v sound in [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] but I think overall I prefer [name_f]Faith[/name_f]

2 Likes

Both are pretty, but I prefer [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]!

1 Like

I personally would choose [name_f]Faith[/name_f] for my kid. It’s not more beautiful than [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] necessarily - they’re both pretty names - but it feels more timeless, disarming, and adaptable to me - after age 2, [name_f]Faith[/name_f] just gets better and better imo. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] suits some ages over others. I also love a Th sound.

Having said that, I sense you’re wanting some sort of green light, to go with [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]? [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a sunny and outgoing name, and for what it’s worth I like it - I’m more of a [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] (nn Sunny) fan - but [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a happy and spunky name. It seems like your fave?

Is there a name you think you or your husband’s sisters would suit better or does that not help? If everyone said [name_f]Faith[/name_f] would that make you relieved (in which case, onwards with Faith) or want to post again (in which case, [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is probably your heart’s ultimate desire). Maybe it’s about how you feel reading these comments.

Finally, I do think it’s likely you’ll be saying to your kid one day that she was going to be called X and that you still like the name (though obv tell your kid you picked the right one for them!). What I mean is, you’ll probably have to proceed on this on a “pretty sure” basis, as both good options and you’ll always like both. Good luck!

3 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] is definitely my favourite :ballet_shoes:

I absolutely love the name [name_f]Faith[/name_f] she’s wholesome, bright, understated, beyond elegant and has such an impactful meaning behind her. [name_f]Faith[/name_f] is such a gem of a name and is truly gorgeous.

2 Likes

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] or even [name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] works well if you want to use both names.
I prefer [name_f]Faith[/name_f] but [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is beautiful as well.

3 Likes

[name_f]Faith[/name_f] has a more timeless appeal, and globally positive meaning. [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] is a very specific word or place that is currently trending and won’t be considered a classic. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote is definitely with [name_f]Faith[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f] sounds fun! It sounds fun to say . Loads of cute nicknames (Sav,Savvy,Van,Vanna,Anna etc).

Faitha is adorable

Wouldnyou do [name_f]Savannah[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] or [name_f]Faith[/name_f] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Savannah[/name_f]!

1 Like

They’re both so beautiful :slight_smile: I like them together a lot, as one as the first & the other as the middle. [name_f]Do[/name_f] they both sound ok with your last name?

1 Like

i think i prefer savannah !! i can only picture faith as a very sensible grown-up woman, and i don’t love that vibe, while savannah is super versatile. savannah can be sensible if she likes, but i can also imagine a cute, bubbly baby savannah, or a wild teenaged savannah. i also think she’s got space for some really fun stretchy nicknames (including my personal fave, cool neutral van or vane!).

2 Likes