Girl name help

So I absolutely adore the name [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a nickname and have since forever but the only problem is that my partner family has two Charlotte’s already and one goes by [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] so I don’t know if we can use the name or not?
If I can’t use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], if anyone has any suggestions for names similar to [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] or names to shorten to [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]?
I would also love some girl name suggestions in general, my style is somewhat unique but not so out there. Some names I love at the moment for girls for ideas are [name_f]Lilibeth[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Jocelyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is quite popular in the English-speaking world at the moment, so I wouldn’t find it strange or surprising to have multiple Charlottes in one family. That said, I think family dynamics play a large role. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you see these Charlottes frequently? What is the general consensus on name repeats in your partner’s family (i.e. have there been issues before)? Is the potential awkwardness outweighed by your love of the name? [name_m]Just[/name_m] some things to think about as your make your decision!

Other names with nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]

For names similar to [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]:
[name_u]Scottie[/name_u] (Scarlett)
[name_f]Dottie[/name_f] (Dorothy, Dorothea)
[name_f]Lettie[/name_f] (Scarlett, [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], Loretta)
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f] (Harriet)
[name_f]Etta[/name_f] (Julietta, Violetta)
[name_f]Greta[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f] (Winifred, [name_f]Winona[/name_f], Winter)

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Elspeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Dahlia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]

1 Like

Thank you :blush:
All the names you suggested are very precious and I love [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].
I do also love the nn [name_f]Dottie[/name_f] and never thought of it for [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] before.
I have been thinking about maybe using [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as a middle name as I do see [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] often but not so much [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I will have to ask his family about repeats but I know in my family it’s a no go but that’s because my familys quite small and he has a very big family with lots of cousins so it might be different. It was very useful to think of asking them though so thank you x

1 Like

Full names for [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_u]Leyton[/name_u]
[name_f]Evolet[/name_f]
[name_f]Elliotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottoline[/name_f]
[name_f]Leontine[/name_f]

Some similar names to [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Etta[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Tessa[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Posie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Miri[/name_f]
[name_f]Lola[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillia[/name_f]
[name_u]Kitty[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lula[/name_f]

Some names like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]:

[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] ‘Bea’ ‘Bebe’
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] ‘Trixie’
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] ‘Maddie’
[name_u]Florence[/name_u] ‘Flora’ ‘Flossie’
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ‘Nell’ ‘Penny’ ‘Lola’
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] ‘Josie’ ‘Joni’ ‘Jojo’ ‘Effie’
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] ‘Dora’ ‘Izzy’ ‘Sadie’
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] ‘Nora’ ‘Leni’ ‘Ellie’ ‘Elora’

Some other suggests like yours:

[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Maisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] fav way to get [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] is the name [name_u]Lotus[/name_u]

1 Like

I agree with @VEL that the family dynamics will mean a lot here. Some huge families have tons of repeated honor/family names, and no one cares. There are different nicknames for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] you could use, or like you said, different formal names for [name_f]Lottie[/name_f].

That said, it isn’t something I personally would do. In this case, there’s already two Charlottes, and they’ve already sidestepped the issue calling one [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]. And if you came in and did the same, that may add to the confusion some family members were already trying to combat.

I like the idea of using [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] as the middle, so you can still have a nod to your favorite name (because I get it, I would be crushed if I couldn’t use my forever-favorite name, too!). [name_u]Or[/name_u] enjoy that you have family now that have your favorite name. And not one, but two! You can soak that in and relish hearing those names on people you love.

Other names inspired by your list:

[name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Molly[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u]
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_u]Rose[/name_u]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

1 Like

Oooo I love these very cute names and amazing alternatives to [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as a name, very much my style too. I love [name_u]Florence[/name_u] but unfortunately that’s my cousin’s name but I do love flora too and I think I may be able to use that, we’ll have to see. I do love your names for the nn [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] but I feel like nothing quite sits right except [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] which is such a shame.
Thank you tho x

1 Like

Yes I completely agree it does depend on family dynamics but I’m trying to sort it out possibly? But I appreciate what you said about the use in the family and I love both Charlotte’s and I think they did try to sort out the issue so yes maybe I might be overstepping with a third Charlotte but it is such a shame i just wasn’t quick enough I guess.
And I love your alternative they all absolutely my style and I’m definitely using some in my list and I definitely hadn’t thought of most of them
Thanks lots x

1 Like