Girl name to go with True, considering "Storey"

My 2 year old son is named [name]True[/name]. I am having a girl in 6 weeks and it’s been impossible to find a name my husband and I both like. We love the name Storey, Storrie, [name]Story[/name], etc. But I think the names [name]True[/name] and [name]Story[/name] together sound pretty ridiculous. But I love them separately. It doesn’t bother my husband. What do you think? We are only associated with our siblings names for a short part of our lives…so should it matter?

[name]Don[/name]'t do it. It sounds ridiculous; like your kid’s names are a joke. Especially since you’ll most likely be introducing them as [name]True[/name] and [name]Story[/name], not [name]Story[/name] and [name]True[/name] (since [name]True[/name] is older).

Also, I think that since both [name]True[/name] and [name]Story[/name] could be seen as unisex, you need a distinctly feminine name to go with [name]True[/name]. In a sibset of [name]True[/name] and [name]Story[/name], I might assume [name]True[/name] was the girl and [name]Story[/name] the boy. Here are some more ‘out there’ suggestions like [name]Story[/name]:

[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Katia[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Ailsa[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name] (nn [name]Romy[/name])
[name]Susannah[/name] (nn [name]Sanne[/name], [name]Sukie[/name])
[name]Bryony[/name]

I agree - don’t do it. Storey would make a lovely middle name though! Are there any “girly” names you love and can agree on?

Oooh it does sound like a joke

I’m sorry!

they’re wonderful names on their own, just not together

though they are both wonderful names it does sound like a joke unfortunately. Some other names I think sound good with [name]True[/name]

[name]Ivory[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]
[name]Bria[/name]
[name]Cyra[/name]
[name]Mercy[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Posey[/name]
[name]Selah[/name]
[name]Sonnet[/name]
[name]Vienna[/name]
[name]Wendy[/name]

[name]True[/name], [name]Story[/name]! not a good idea, just imagine calling them in a mall “true story come here.”

Other names you may like
[name]Poet[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name]
[name]Amaya[/name]
[name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Freya[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]

I don’t like them together.
What about the name [name]Verity[/name] for the girl? [name]Verity[/name] Storey. =)

I would also note that story with an ‘e’ is a house storey, i.e. I live in a two-storey house. I do think true story sounds bad, which is a pity as thematically they do go together!

[name]Fable[/name]

So sorry, but I wouldn’t use Storey either. :frowning:

I like the pp suggestions:
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Sunday[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Harbor[/name]
[name]Haven[/name]

Also how about:
[name]Ireland[/name]
[name]Apple[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
Novalee
[name]Samara[/name]
lol…[name]Justice[/name] came to mind, but again, not good with [name]True[/name]
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Sailor[/name]
[name]Sunshine[/name]

My favorite of the suggestions is by far [name]Clementine[/name]. Think: ‘’ Hello, these are my children [name]True[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name].’’ Good idea?

I wouldn’t recommend [name]Verity[/name] (as suggested by pp) - despite how beautiful it is, it literally means “truth”. With brother [name]True[/name], it’s kind of overkill.

I’d second [name]Fable[/name], [name]Poet[/name], or [name]Sonnet[/name] as an alternative to [name]Story[/name]

With [name]True[/name], I would not use Storey. There were many good suggestions, to which I’d add for your consideration~

[name]Starling[/name]
Darling
[name]Sparrow[/name]
Morrow
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Valera[/name]

Best of luck with your new lil one :slight_smile: Congrats!

what about the name astoria with the nn story?

WOW you guys are incredible! Some of the other names I personally have been leaning toward (but husband is relatively neutral) are many that you mentioned already. I agree, [name]True[/name], [name]Story[/name] is too ridiculous…
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Starling[/name]
[name]Sparrow[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Lark[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]…

and we already named out dog [name]Scout[/name]!!

These are all great thoughts though I think you should NOT choose another word name. Though something like [name]Lark[/name] or [name]Fable[/name] may not be as ridiculous as [name]Story[/name], I feel any word name is too matchy-matchy with [name]True[/name]. So I think something like [name]Clementine[/name], with the same irreverent style, works best.

I second [name]Pam[/name] — PLEASE don’t use a blatant word name, especially not [name]Fable[/name]. I normally don’t mind the name [name]Fable[/name], but… [name]True[/name] and [name]Fable[/name]? Oh no!

I love the idea of [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Lark[/name], and [name]Juniper[/name]. And I envy you the guts to use [name]True[/name]! I love it (for a girl preferably, but it’s nice on a boy too).

[name]Wit[/name] a son [name]True[/name] u can’t give ur baby girl a common name. Here’s a few names. Hopefully u like them.’

God’iss
[name]Lyric[/name]
Pixie
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Justice[/name]

[I agree that [name]True[/name] and [name]Story[/name] together sound like a joke. [name]Both[/name] are nice separately but when said together, it unfortunately sounds ridiculous :frowning: There’s plenty of other names that fit with [name]True[/name] though! (and I love the previous suggestion of [name]Clementine[/name] by the way!)

[name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] (like [name]Fable[/name] but not quite so obvious)
[name]Ava[/name]
[name]Aster[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Emma[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Jade[/name]
[name]Marisa[/name]
[name]Belle[/name]/[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Bella[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] nn [name]Gwen[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]

The name that popped into my mind to go with [name]True[/name] is [name]Waverly[/name].