Girl named Liv go with last name?!

Husband and I both love the name [name]Liv[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] (nn [name]Livy[/name], LC, [name]Charlie[/name], etc)
but our last name is UNDERWOOD and we are wondering if there is a possibility for teasing!
What do you think? Is this name a dead end?

I have the same problem except our last name is a directional name…no go. [name]Easton[/name] is also out for us.

I don’t think it will work. Have you thought about [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] instead?

Aww, that is a bit unfortunate. Have you considered something like [name]Livia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Livana[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Olive[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], or [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]? I think you could still use the nn [name]Liv[/name], if she’s not [name]Liv[/name] Underwood all the time. Or even [name]Lavinia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] “[name]Liv[/name]” or [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] “[name]Liv[/name]”. I’ve heard [name]Liv[/name] is a Scandinavian form of [name]Elizabeth[/name]/[name]Elizaveta[/name], so I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Liv[/name] could work.

Good luck!

I think [name]Liv[/name] as a first name would bring on several teasing opportunities. Sorry. I agree, that Going with [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name] would be a good option for you with a nn [name]Liv[/name]/[name]Livvy[/name].

I love that! I think it goes perfectly together! My name is [name]Olivia[/name] and everyone calls me [name]Liv[/name]:slight_smile: I’m thinking about [name]Charlotte[/name] as a mn for my baby girl:)

I don’t see a problem with it at all L i v C h a r l o t t e U n d e r w o o d sounds lovely

[name]Liv[/name] Underwood does sound like “Live under wood,” which isn’t too good. I’ll second [name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Livia[/name], and there’s also Liviana, Olivie, [name]Olive[/name], Oliviera, and [name]Oliva[/name].

we like olivia, but feel that the connotation is olive toned skin and we are PALE haha not to mention it is out of control popular

I like [name]Liv[/name]. I don’t think [name]Liv[/name] Underwood is a bad name, I would never think twice about it.

Agreed. I think it’s fine and would never have thought about it. I doubt kids would think to tease about that.

I actually don’t mind it. Sure it will come up and giggled at, but I don’t think it would be cruel teasing. But, with kids, you never know. I love [name]Liv[/name], though.