Girl names for #2! Feedback appreciated.

I like [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and its nn options best!

Our reasons for using [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] as a mn are:

• it is my grandmother who is close like a mother to me. ([name_m]Mark[/name_m] is my dad, [name_m]Edmond[/name_m] my grandfather, DH isnt close to his). We don’t care for our mother’s names and can’t think of a decent combo. In addition, the name [name_u]Skye[/name_u] has more symbolism than just a name mash-up :slight_smile:
  • [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is the stone for [name_u]June[/name_u]
  • We genuinely like the name!

We don’t have any strong Celtic ties, we chose [name_u]Arden[/name_u] for its similarity to the word ardent and a few other reasons. I felt it had a vintage feel due to its older popularity, and as I’ve mentioned, is gender neutral. I am ok with gender strong names and using them on either sex. you can be a Mr or Mrs [name_u]Ashley[/name_u]/[name_u]Lesley[/name_u]/[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] etc…

[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is beautiful! [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is by far the winning choice out of your options, for me!

My vote would be [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]! It is classic, but offbeat and original. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and [name_f]Lindy[/name_f] are adorable nicknames, also. [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] would be a close runner-up. It isn’t a name I would personally choose, but I think it has a certain spunk that is very charming. I think [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is fine, but not a great match with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and it doesn’t stand out to me the way the other names do. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] for a boy, but I am really not a fan on a girl. I think a good alternative would be [name_f]Rafaela[/name_f] if you really love the nickname [name_m]Raffi[/name_m].

We like the name [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], nothing to do with the nn [name_m]Raffi[/name_m]. We have a friend with a daughter named [name_f]Rafaela[/name_f] too which causes our dilemma because I don’t want to “copy” them :confused:

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] to see someone finds that [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] has a bit of spunk lol.

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (we love that is a boy’s name and offers a certain uniqueness) - Its a cool name, just not my style.
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (we love how it’s both old fashioned and eclectic) - Its very classic, but still feels dated to me.
[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] (we like the name [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and that its red, like a rose) - [name_u]Love[/name_u] this name, so pretty. My definite favorite!

Of your options, I like the vintage feel of [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] has a feminine and sophisticated vibe but my favorite is [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m].

[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a great pairing with [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_u]Skye[/name_u].
Adren & [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]…they just work.

I like how [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] is a little unisex and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] is a classic and feminine middle.
I know it is traditionally a male name but [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] easily has a feminine feel and sound to me.
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] makes me envision a precocious, fun, athletic, and engaging little lady.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback everyone! It’s making it both harder and easier haha.

Another name we used to have on our list was [name_f]Noella[/name_f], which I still love but am not identifying with during this pregnancy. I came across [name_f]Novella[/name_f] recently as well and remember it being suggested in 2013 and I had no feels for it then, but do now.

So, [name_f]Novella[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]? [name_u]Arden[/name_u] and [name_f]Novella[/name_f]? I’m still quite partial to [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] and [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] though.

Our follow up ultrasound is tomorrow so hoping baby cooperates for all images (we couldn’t complete the first anatomy scan at 18w, and I’m 22w now). We won’t know the sex until [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] the 22nd though because we’re going to do a reveal with friends at DD’s birthday.

I like [name_f]Novella[/name_f]. It’s a bit romantic and I think of Latin American telenovelas but most people probably would not make that association…and it’s not necessarily a bad association. It’s just what crossed my mind.

Moving on, I think [name_f]Novella[/name_f] is beautiful, feminine, and romantic. And unique. I have never known anyone with the name yet it picks up on very familiar naming sounds so it’s easy to pronunciate and doesn’t sound made up. It also makes for great nicknames…Nov, [name_f]Nova[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Novella[/name_f] - feminine and frilly
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] - unisex, bright
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] - vintage, classic

What’s difficult is that these three all have totally different feels but I find them each appealing. [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] would still be my favorite, followed by [name_f]Novella[/name_f], then [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] and finally [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] but it seems to be trending a bit. I think one of the other three would stand out more.