Girl names in the same style as Godfrey, Godric, and Alaric

@artemisathena0107
I like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is in my top ten so I’m not sure if I would add it to my list.
I mentioned in another post that [name_f]Rowena[/name_f] is growing on me, but I just realized it’s not possible with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f].
I really love [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]. It a name that frequents my ‘Maybe’ list.
I like [name_f]Lucienne[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f].

@lolslane1222
I like [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f](I absolutely love [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] thanks to [name_u]Jersey[/name_u] Girl) and [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f].

Thank you both!

I would love some more suggestions.

Thank you to everyone who has commented so far!

I’m sure I repeat some (or even many):

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]
[name_f]Genoveva[/name_f] - yeah, this is a variant of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].
[name_f]Severine[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Odelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilian[/name_f]
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f]
[name_f]Theophania[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Eowyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Faustine[/name_f]

Yesss! Finally! [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] is getting some mention! [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] has been one of my favourite boys names for quite a while now, and I have no idea why it seems like nobody is giving it some love.

Anyways, Girlies for [name_m]Alaric[/name_m]:

[name_f]Evanthe[/name_f] (my favourite Pairing :slight_smile: )
[name_f]Ophira[/name_f]
Sansa
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_u]Lauris[/name_u]
[name_f]Katrina[/name_f]

Girlies for [name_m]Godfrey[/name_m]/Godric:

[name_u]Everly[/name_u] (Godric only!)
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilou[/name_f]

Alaric is my #1 boy name, but unfortunately DF isn’t on board so unless we have 3 more boys, he isn’t happening. So sad.

Girl names I’ve considered that I think compliment him well:

Anastasia
Antoinette
Anneliese
Araminta
Augusta
Aurelia
Beatrice/Beatrix
Briony
Brigid
Cordelia (my dd)
Calista
Calliope
Cordula
Drusilla
Elsa
Etta
Eulalia
Evelyn
Finola
Fiona
Fleur
Guinevere
Genevieve
Greta
Hattie
Henrietta
Herminia
Honora/Annora
Hermione
Ivy
Jocasta
Lavinia
Lisandra/Lysandra
Linnea
Matilda
Melisande
Millicent
Noelia
Odessa
Odette
Ophelia
Oriana
Opal
Pearl
Persephone
Petra
Petunia
Primrose
Ramona
Rosemary (was also top of my list but DF had a girl in HS that was obsessed with him named this)
Rowenna
Sapphira
Seraphine
Seraphina
Tallulah
Temperance
Theodora
Theodosia
Tierney
Valeria
Valentina
Vianessa
Winifred
Wilhelmina
Xanthe

I love [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] too and it’s been in my signature for a while (though I haven’t been around much lately - too much to do, not enough time in the day).

Anyway…. some suggestions off of my list: [name_f]Antoinette[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Viola[/name_f], [name_f]Eirene[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. (and of course everything in my signature, though maybe not perfect for you).

@featheredwings

I’ve loved [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] for many years too. I thiink it might not get a lot of love because people don’t like the nicknames [name_m]Al[/name_m] and [name_m]Ric[/name_m].

Oh, I kind of like [name_f]Evanthe[/name_f]. I"ve been tthinking about [name_f]Evadne[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f] lately. I used to like [name_f]Eva[/name_f], but I don’t like how short it is. Sadly my family will most likely butcher the pronunciation severely.

@featherb

Aww, too bad. [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] would be a fantastic and brilliant sibling set.

What a great list! A lot of my past favorites are on it. I’m considering adding some back onto my list so it’s great to see that they fit one of my favorite boys name. :slight_smile:

I like: [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f], [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], Huinevere, [name_f]Hermione[/name_f], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Melisande[/name_f], [name_f]Millicent[/name_f], [name_f]Odette[/name_f], [name_f]Pearl[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] and [name_f]Temperance[/name_f].

@lexiem

I really like the look of [name_f]Eirene[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Helena[/name_f] also. I like Pfelia and [name_f]Lorelei[/name_f] from your signature.

You have [name_f]Merida[/name_f] in your signature! :smiley:

I love it, but it doesn’t have enough of a history being used as a name for me. :frowning:

I think we have a pretty similar taste in boy names. I actually have nine of the boy names in your signature on my list.

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_u]Dominique[/name_u]
[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Marielle[/name_f]
[name_u]Hillary[/name_u]
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Xanthe[/name_f]
Caliope
[name_f]Godiva[/name_f]
[name_f]Claudia[/name_f]
[name_f]Paula[/name_f]
[name_f]Marguerite[/name_f]
[name_f]Delores[/name_f]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Camila[/name_f]

@c@29

[name_f]Hannelore[/name_f] goes back and forth on my list. I really love it, but I"m not sure what to pair it with.

I’ve been thinking about [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] lately, but I’m not sure about the nickname [name_f]Flo[/name_f]. :frowning:

[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] is a new love of mine. I can’t believe I didn’t think about it before. I’m pretty sure it’s not usable with a potential sister names [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] though. I’m really starting to like [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]. [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] is such a cute nickname.

I also like [name_f]Bianca[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f].

@ashleyjuliette

I like [name_f]Camila[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f](I prefer the [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] spelling).

[name_f]Daphne[/name_f] is growing on me. I don’t think I would use it, but I would love to meet a little [name_f]Daphne[/name_f].

also, random addition but had we had an [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], his nn would have been Alic/[name_m]Alec[/name_m] (I’m not really a huge nn’er but I feel like I need to have one “approved of” so that people that dislike the name won’t come up with their own… my dd [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is nn [name_f]Cia[/name_f]/[name_f]Kia[/name_f])

I also like the [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] spelling instead of the more common [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f].
And a cute nn for [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] in my opinion is [name_m]Ace[/name_m].

@featherb and ashleyjuliette

My favorite nicknames for [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] are [name_u]Ari[/name_u] and [name_u]Ali[/name_u]. I do love [name_m]Alec[/name_m] though, but more for Aleksander. I can’t have an [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] because of the similar beginings so I’m most likely going to use [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] for a middle. I love [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] for Aleksander.

I love [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]. I don’t know why but the [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f] spelling doesn’t appeal to me as much as [name_f]Rebekah[/name_f] does.

I’ve liked [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] for years actually:)

Female equivalents of [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] could be:
[name_f]Hedwig[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingeborg[/name_f]
Alfhild/Alvilde
[name_f]Elfrida[/name_f]
[name_f]Ingela[/name_f]
Signhild
Hillevi
[name_f]Clotilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Angharad[/name_f]
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Dagmar[/name_f]
Ragnhild
[name_u]Dagny[/name_u]
[name_f]Hermina[/name_f]
Bothilda

:slight_smile:

Oh wow. I think you need to share the rest of your boys list with me then. :smiley:
I love [name_f]Merida[/name_f] but I had the same concern at first. [name_f]Merida[/name_f] is a place in Spain. It’s short for Emerita. (I’m sure you know this). I found that because I fell in love with Illyria (also a location name) I could accept [name_f]Merida[/name_f] as a place name as well. <Now I’m secretly hoping for twin girls Merida and Illyria some time in the distant future. lol.> I also think that with Brave using it as a Disney [name_f]Princess[/name_f] name people will feel fairly comfortable with it - the combo of the two finally swayed me to accept how much I like it.

@lexiem

I wrote a reply earlier, but the forum ate it! I keep getting 503 errors. :frowning:

This is my entire boys list. It has guilty pleasures, family names and a couple newbies.
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]/Aleksander
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m]
[name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m]
[name_m]Augustin[/name_m]
[name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Azriel[/name_m]
[name_u]Azariah[/name_u]
[name_m]Basile[/name_m]
[name_m]Basil[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaise[/name_u]
[name_m]Balthazar[/name_m]/[name_m]Baltasar[/name_m]
[name_u]Brennan[/name_u]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Edwin[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Giles[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
Godric
[name_m]Godfrey[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Henrik[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Japheth[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Jolyon[/name_m]
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Leon[/name_m]
[name_u]Loki[/name_u]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]/[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Matthew[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Marcellus[/name_m]
[name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Ptolemy[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Philippe[/name_m]
[name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Phoenix[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
Remiel
[name_m]Remus[/name_m]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
Rhydian
[name_m]Rainer[/name_m]/[name_m]Rainier[/name_m]
[name_m]Serafin[/name_m]/ [name_f]Seraphin[/name_f]
[name_u]Sidney[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Tarquin[/name_m]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Theseus[/name_m]
Taliesen
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]

I kept getting the 503 error messages yesterday too. Thanks for sharing your list!!

I’m kind of glad it wasn’t only me. I was so frustrated with having to refresh and sign in over and over.

Your welcome! :slight_smile:

I came back to go through the comments again and found some names I might have skipped. There are a couple names suggested that were on my list before, but I removed them for a reason I can’t remember. I’m happily adding them back. Thanks everyone for all of the suggestions.

[name_f]Rowena[/name_f] - This name is growing on me. I really like it.
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] - I love this name. I’ve never thought about it for me, but I’m considering adding it to my list.
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] -Added to my list recently. I love the nickname [name_f]Gwen[/name_f], but don’t like any other [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] names.
[name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] - Might have some pronunciation issues, but I think it’s gorgeous.
[name_f]Odette[/name_f] - I don’t usually like -ette, but I’m fond of this one because of Swan [name_u]Lake[/name_u].
[name_f]Millicent[/name_f]/[name_f]Melisande[/name_f] - I think I’m more likely to add [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] because it’d be more recognizable.
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f] - When looking for names to honor my Grandma it was between this, [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]. I chose [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f], but I still love [name_f]Matilda[/name_f].
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f] - This is another name I started liking because of a show. This happens a lot with me. :stuck_out_tongue:
[name_f]Petra[/name_f] - I’m a bit worried it sounds too harsh compare to my favorites. I still love it though.
[name_f]Hermione[/name_f] - [name_m]Just[/name_m] added this to my list a couple days ago. I love it.
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] - Recently added to me list along with [name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Temperance[/name_f] - I took this off my list, but adding it back on after some consideration.

@svea

I kind of like [name_f]Hedwig[/name_f] in a guilty pleasure way because I"m a fan of [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], but I wouldn’t use it on my child.

@lexiem

I wouldn’t mind [name_f]Merida[/name_f] becomeing popular because of Brave. Maybe it’d get the history as a name I look for and I can use it in ten or so years. :smiley:

Still looking for more suggestions. :slight_smile:

I haven’t read through the responses, so I’m sorry for any repeats.
[name_f]Alberta[/name_f]
[name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Freida[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamond[/name_f]
[name_f]Dagmar[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_f]Zelda[/name_f]
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] “[name_f]Mina[/name_f]”
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]