Girl names that mean fawn or raven

Yes, we are still looking for our daughter’s name :frowning: I’ve never been more confused in my whole entire life. We tried several names but nothing felt right.

While I was feeding my baby girl today, my older daughter Feyre came to me carrying her fav toy ( a fawn). [name_f]Fae[/name_f]'s been obsessed with deers lately, so I thought maybe we should look for names that mean deer/fawn. I don’t know… it might sound crazy to you.

In my previous thread someone suggested the name [name_f]Branwen[/name_f] and we love the fact that the meaning is related to ravens. Our second baby was born with dark hair and it may change shades but we are trying everything!

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you know names that mean fawn or raven/dark-haired one? We love gaelic/welsh/irish/scottish names.

We can’t just use [name_f]Fawn[/name_f] (Feyre’s middle name is [name_f]Dawn[/name_f]). Names on our list:
[name_f]Branwen[/name_f]
Brannagh
[name_f]Elain[/name_f]
Hydd

1 Like

Your list is lovely! I also love how you want to connect your second daughter’s name to the first daughter’s interests, it’s super sweet.

Some deer related suggestions:

Fauna
[name_f]Elke[/name_f] (doesn’t mean deer but I correlate it with Elks)
[name_f]Nara[/name_f] (a magical city in Japan with holy, domesticated deer in their park/with free range of the city centre, the deer is a symbol of the city)
[name_f]Ayelet[/name_f]/ [name_f]Ayala[/name_f]
[name_f]Doe[/name_f]
[name_m]Oisin[/name_m] is traditionally a boys’ name, but I think it might be sweet on a girl too.
[name_f]Fia[/name_f] or [name_f]Fianna[/name_f] is the Irish translation of deer and that might work?

2 Likes

Alaya (female deer)

Darby (deer park)

Fauna (fawn)

Gazelle (an animal in the deer family)

Raleigh (deer meadow)

Tabitha ([name_f]Roe[/name_f]-deer)

Bambi (from Disney)

Elaine (young deer)

Other animal themed names:

Kit (baby fox)
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_u]Lark[/name_u]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f] (dove)
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u] (lion)
[name_f]Leona[/name_f] (lion)
[name_u]Tora[/name_u] (tiger)
[name_u]Fox[/name_u]
[name_f]Ava[/name_f] (bird)
[name_u]Lynx[/name_u]
[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]

BRANWEN BRANWEN BRANWEN i cannot praise it enough I love it so much

I love [name_f]Branwen[/name_f]!

Maybe some ideas here:

[name_f]Dymphna[/name_f]
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]/Devan/Devyn - this actually comes from Irish surnames. One means dark and the other means fawn

[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]
[name_u]Delaney[/name_u]
[name_u]Mel[/name_u] - a lot of names that begin with [name_u]Mel[/name_u] have some meaning related to dark

Love the suggestions of [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] (roe deer) and [name_f]Fianna[/name_f] (Irish for deer) with sister Feyre.

Aderyn, [name_f]Ayala[/name_f], Damhnait, [name_f]Melanie[/name_f], [name_u]Merle[/name_u]

I think you should go with [name_f]Branwen[/name_f] or [name_f]Elain[/name_f]

Devon is so pretty for a girl!

[name_f]Branwen[/name_f] is gorgeous!! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Brennan[/name_u], [name_m]Brennen[/name_m] and their alternatives?? I found out that the name comes from the Irish Branán meaning little raven and it has a somewhat similar feel to [name_f]Branwen[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Raven:
[name_f]Corvina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ravenna[/name_f]

Fawn/Deer:
[name_f]Fawna[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorcas[/name_f]
[name_f]Bariah[/name_f]
[name_f]Doe[/name_f]
[name_f]Davina[/name_f]
[name_f]Dyani[/name_f]
[name_f]Maral[/name_f]
[name_f]Zibiah[/name_f]