Girl names you’re ready to revive

SO cute. I’m keeping it on my list in the event my other half changes his mind and decides he loves it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sylvia
[name_f]Tara[/name_f]
[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Anita[/name_f]
[name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f]

1 Like

Joan! Why isn’t this popular anymore?!

4 Likes

Gertrude nn [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] or [name_f]Shirley[/name_f]

3 Likes

Peggy, [name_f]Maxine[/name_f], [name_f]Helen[/name_f], [name_f]Marianne[/name_f], [name_f]Susan[/name_f]/Suzanne, [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and [name_u]Simone[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

It’s not so much a revival, but I was just thinking this morning how gorgeous [name_f]Albertine[/name_f] is as well.

I think [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] has a chance for a comeback too.

6 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this as well. The stage is set for [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], and I’m looking forward to that

2 Likes

I actually know a friend of a friend who has a little [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], aged around 3 or 4 now. I was surprised to see it but I can see how it fits a lot of current trends. Unfortunately, it’s my mum’s name and she detests it, so I’ve always struggled to like [name_f]Wendy[/name_f], but I can definitely see why others do!

1 Like

[name_f]Janet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f]
[name_f]Darla[/name_f]
[name_f]Darlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Monica[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorraine[/name_f]
[name_f]Linette[/name_f]
[name_f]Karla[/name_f]
[name_f]Kayla[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

This is why Berries are my people :blush:

3 Likes

Vanessa
[name_f]Valerie[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]

2 Likes

Reading through the posts I agree with @katinka I think [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] has a chance of being revived and it’s a name that I would love to see revived. [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is such a sweet youthful name I honestly think [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is gorgeous with great associations with [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m] it’s a winner in my eyes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Lorraine! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Marianne, Laurielle, and those other classy long names!

1 Like

Adelaide
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]/Sylvia
[name_f]Lana[/name_f] (I see why it isn’t popular now cos it’s easily mocked but love it!)
[name_f]Julia[/name_f]
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]

2 Likes

Muriel. Let’s name some babies [name_f]Muriel[/name_f]! I also like the spelling [name_f]Muriell[/name_f].
It’s got that [name_f]Maude[/name_f] vibe with a delightful ‘el’ ending, so it’s only half-clunky for me (don’t get me wrong, I like full on clunky too) and it has a beautiful meaning: ‘of the bright sea’.

3 Likes

Verity, [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

1 Like

@katinka Yes! [name_f]Maxine[/name_f] is so strong and spunky! Definitely time for a come back.

@eireann I think [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] / [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] has come back. I know two [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]’s and one [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] that are less than 1 year old.

3 Likes

Repeating some, but:

Wendy
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Virginia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]

Also reading through these I actually know a little [name_f]Anita[/name_f] who is going to be 1 and a little [name_u]Joan[/name_u] who is 5 or 6

2 Likes

Tamara nickname [name_f]Tammy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cheryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlene[/name_f] / [name_f]Darlene[/name_f] / [name_f]Marlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Colleen[/name_f]
[name_u]Courtney[/name_u]
[name_f]Amy[/name_f]

I agree with [name_u]Beverly[/name_u], [name_f]Maureen[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_u]Joan[/name_u] and [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] suggestions.

2 Likes

Nina, [name_f]Erica[/name_f] or [name_f]Erin[/name_f]!

1 Like