Girl Names. (:

Im looking for more girl names to love.

Right now, the only names I love are [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] and [name_u]Gay[/name_u]. But obvious, I can’t use [name_u]Gay[/name_u]. So only [name_f]Glenna[/name_f].

Rate and comment on the following girl names.

• [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] ([name_m]Ive[/name_m] talked about this for a while, but keep losing love for it. Then the love keeps coming back. {A nickname would be [name_f]Sula[/name_f]: soo-lah})
• [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] (Im not sure about this. I like the sound. But I dont think it goes with my “taste” in names. I like old fashion names, and I think [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] and [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] and [name_u]Gay[/name_u] fit into that, but not [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]. {A nickname would be Zinn})
• [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] (I like it, but I think of an octopus and [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] {A nickname would be [name_u]Tavi[/name_u]: tay-vee})
• [name_f]Cora[/name_f] (Again, not fitting into my tastes? No nicknames)
• [name_f]Circe[/name_f] (I like it, but I dont… No nickname)

What would you rate these names out of 10. And why did you give them that score??

• [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] -6- Pretty name, but the little mermaid connotations kind of ruin this name for me.
• [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] -5- I prefer [name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
• [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] -8- I really like this! Strong, yet feminine.
• [name_f]Cora[/name_f] -7- My cousin almost named her baby this. It’s alright. Kind of reminds me of a coral reef.
• [name_f]Circe[/name_f] -3- Sorry, this just isn’t my taste. It looks like the word circle.

Anyone else?

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]– 4. Besides the little mermaid this was the name of my math teacher in hs. Its Ok, not awful as a fn, I don’t really like the nn though.

[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]-10. Fun, pretty, unique name.

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- 8. A nice strong sounding name, that has a feminine feel.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]- 8. Very sweet, not as much spunk as your other likes. [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a bit spunkier.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f]- 6. Nice, even though it isn’t well know the pronounciation is easy to figure out and it has a very unique sound.

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]– 4. Besides the little mermaid this was the name of my math teacher in hs. Its Ok, not awful as a fn, I don’t really like the nn though.

[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]-10. Fun, pretty, unique name.

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- 8. A nice strong sounding name, that has a feminine feel.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f]- 8. Very sweet, not as much spunk as your other likes. [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] is a bit spunkier.

[name_f]Circe[/name_f]- 6. Nice, even though it isn’t well know the pronounciation is easy to figure out and it has a very unique sound.

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] - I love this name. It would be a 10 for me if not for the teasing potential…so probably 9.
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] - Very pretty, it brings a fresher take on the flower trend. It’s not necessarily my style, but I’d give it a 7/8.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - 10. Beautiful, classic and sophisticated. Also, I think [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is a nice connection!
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] - I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] fits into your name taste. It isn’t as clunky (in a good way!) as the other names you like, but it has that old-world feel. 10.
[name_f]Circe[/name_f] - Beautiful, lovely meaning. 10.

I like [name_f]Glenna[/name_f], but I don’t love it. It definitely has that clunky feel but there’s nothing wrong with it per se. (I like clunky names).

Suggestions:

[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]/[name_f]Enid[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Bette[/name_f]
[name_f]Joely[/name_f]
[name_f]Samuella[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]/[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Doreen[/name_f]/[name_f]Noreen[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Edna[/name_f]
[name_f]Beryl[/name_f]
[name_f]Gertrude[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]/[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]Prudence[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Rita[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thelma[/name_f]/[name_f]Velma[/name_f]
[name_f]Gail[/name_f]
[name_f]Marlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Gilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
Gwenhwyfar
[name_f]Ginevra[/name_f]
[name_f]Minerva[/name_f]
[name_f]Gaenor[/name_f]/[name_f]Gaynor[/name_f] (said GIE-nor)
[name_f]Gayna[/name_f]
Gaiana/Gaiane
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]/[name_f]Fay[/name_f]/[name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f]/[name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Hilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Ludovica[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]/[name_f]Meg[/name_f]
[name_f]Myrtle[/name_f]
[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Theodora[/name_f]/[name_f]Theodosia[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps!

I think [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] is pretty! [name_f]Glynnis[/name_f] and [name_f]Glynda[/name_f] are also nice.

• [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Ursula[/name_f]! It’s an 8 in my book. I think [name_f]Sula[/name_f] is so cute! I’ve always had a love for [name_f]Ursule[/name_f] as well.
• [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] - Not a big fan. I’d rate it a 6 only because of the Floral connection
• [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - This sounds very classy/classic to me. I [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Tavi[/name_u] as a nn! Rate it a 9.
• [name_f]Cora[/name_f] - I’ve never been a fan of [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. I much prefer [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. I’d rate [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as a 3.
• [name_f]Circe[/name_f] - I love the sound of this name. I would enjoy saying it if it were my name or my sibling’s name. I rate [name_f]Circe[/name_f] a 10. :slight_smile:

Let me just say I think it’s hilarious you think of an octopus when you hear [name_f]Octavia[/name_f] and not [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], the sea octopus-witch from The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid.

[name_f]Glenna[/name_f] is technically fine but just sounds unattractive to me.
The ones I like from your list are [name_f]Ursula[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] & [name_f]Circe[/name_f] nn [name_f]Cece[/name_f]

My favorite is [name_f]Circe[/name_f]. I’d give it a 10. I think it has a softness and a modern twist. If you like [name_f]Glenna[/name_f] maybe you would also like [name_f]Glenda[/name_f], [name_f]Glynda[/name_f], [name_f]Glynnis[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. All are very lovely.

I love them all except [name_f]Circe[/name_f]!
[name_f]Ursula[/name_f]- 8, I think [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] is a great an uncommon name. The only thing is you’re bound to run in to people who are very against it because of the Disney connection… and I feel like there are people out there who are just SO against [name_f]Ursula[/name_f] for that reason, which is not enough to personally deter me.
[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]- 9, I would use this myself for sure. I like some uncommon flower names, like [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] and [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f]. [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] is very fun. I think it would fit perfectly with a sister named [name_f]Bryony[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] is easy to pronounce, but it extremely unexpected, and even unfamiliar. It has a great combination of qualities.
[name_f]Octavia[/name_f]- 8.5-, I love [name_f]Octavia[/name_f], it’s so strong, and old, and uncommon. I don’t love [name_u]Tavi[/name_u], but it seems to be the common choice as a nickname for [name_f]Octavia[/name_f].
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]- 9- Adorable! So usable and simple, but still quite rare.
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]- 5, I can appreciate [name_f]Circe[/name_f] as a name but I don’t like how it sounds at all… or that many will spell it Cersei not realizing [name_f]Circe[/name_f] as a spelling. And maybe because it’s the middle of the night, but I spelled it “Circle” every time in this comment, so that isn’t great. I can totally see the appeal of [name_f]Circe[/name_f] though, and realize it has quite a history, but personally, it isn’t one I care for, despite it being right up my alley.

Overall, excellent small list! This was fun to comment on because they’re great names that deserve the praise and recognition :smiley:

[name_f]Ursula[/name_f] - 6 - I have a love/hate relationship with this one. It’s a cool name though, and I wouldn’t worry about The [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid association.

[name_f]Zinnia[/name_f] - 9 - I’ve recently started to really love this one. It’s so fresh and pretty!

[name_f]Octavia[/name_f] - 4 - Not really my style, but it’s not bad.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] & [name_f]Circe[/name_f] - 2 - Sorry, I don’t like any of these

100% agree. I heart the nickname [name_u]Tavi[/name_u] ([name_m]TAH[/name_m]-vee).