Girl names?

Not pregnant, but [name_u]Ive[/name_u] just never been confident with girl names so wanted to discuss the prospective names we have in mind here. Sumton is not our last name but similar

I was pretty sold on [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton, [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] being a family name that will be the 2nd middle name for all, but idk i think ive overthought myself into disliking it if that makes sense? So heres the alternatives and original name for comparison.

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton
[name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband prefers [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] (roz-lin) [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] but its sorta dimunutive of my middle and maiden name, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_m]Allen[/name_m], so idk that seems kinda weird to me but he thinks its cute. [name_m]Just[/name_m] seems weird to name one child after myself when i wouldn’t have allowed our son to be a [name_m]Jr[/name_m].

Our sons name is [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Robert[/name_u] so I do kinda like the swapped letters with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] [name_u]Robert[/name_u] & [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] but idk. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband likes them all and because he had final say on our sons name I have final say this time around.

I’d love feedback.

A lot of wonderful names! For me, my rule for honour names is that if the person you’re honouring doesn’t particularly want to be honoured, it’s a little weird to do it :sweat_smile: So I’d personally avoid [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f]. Maybe you could find another [name_f]Ros[/name_f]- name that you like, one that doesn’t seem like such a direct reference to your name? [name_u]Or[/name_u] use a different middle name?

Out of [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] and [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f], I prefer [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f]! Both [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] are beautiful, but I think “Ivey Stacie” sounds a little rhymey, and I don’t personally like that spelling of [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] in the first place.

Out of your list [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] would be my choice. Mainly because while [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_u]Stacy[/name_u] Sumton as combos both sound great. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] Sumton and [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] Sumton both have that repeating ‘n’ ending and feels a little abrupt to me. Where as [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] Sumton flows.

I think [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] sounds very cool, so that would be my first choice! I also love the alliteration with [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f], although I do prefer the [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] spelling.

If you don’t mind the name [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f], perhaps looking at different middles would help you decide whether you like it better or not.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] goes so well with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u]. [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] (standard spelling) definitely.

1 Like

Perfect!

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts…

[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton ~ I really love [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] I think the name sounds so gorgeous, sweet and wholesome. [name_u]Truly[/name_u] stunning. [name_f]Jane[/name_f] makes a gorgeous middle name for [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] and I think [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton sound great rounding [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] up nicely. [name_f]My[/name_f] only hangup is that I wouldn’t naturally pair [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] & [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] together.

[name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton ~ I like [name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and all her variants but I’m not keen on [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] especially with how the name sounds with [name_f]Stacie[/name_f]. Also I think you have too many hangups to fully invest in this name.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] Sumton ~ [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] is gorgeous such a lovely Shakespearean name that feels classic and outdoorsy the perfect name for [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] sister. [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] works well within the middle however prefer [name_u]Ivy[/name_u] spelling wise and the whole name works well with the surname!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] :tangerine:

I love [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] - such a gorgeous name!

[name_f]Roslyn[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] is nice but it seems like you feel uncomfortable with it, so I’d strike it out.

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Ivey[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] is sweet - love [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and it works well with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u].

A few ideas (Stacie as a second ofc):

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Alara[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Alina[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Alina[/name_f] or [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (stylistically close to [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u], plus the reversed initials)
[name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] [name_f]Stacie[/name_f]

[name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] will definitely have to be considered, I love its connection to [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] as our next boys name of choice would be [name_m]Augustus[/name_m] and we like the whole old world ruler vibe with [name_u]Arthur[/name_u] and [name_m]Augustus[/name_m]. Plus my MIL [name_f]Stacie[/name_f] did suggest [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] as her preferred version of her name so we wouldnt even need a 2nd middle name.

2 Likes

@ShelbyRose so glad [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] is helpful - best of luck finding the one!