Girls list is ALMOST complete. What do you think?

OK, so I’ve been working on this for a while, and I think it’s almost almost finished. [name]Just[/name] wondering what you think of these so far. [name]Feel[/name] free to give your opinions of them, and I’d love to fear your favourites/least favourites. Thanks! In no order…

[name]Sybella[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] (Most likely a nn for [name]Margaret[/name], which is honouring. Not sure just yet though)
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Camilla[/name] (Occasional nn [name]Milla[/name])
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name]

I absolutely love your list! I’m sure I’ve said it before. There’s just something about it. It’s so charming and refreshing, I think, haha.

[name]Sybella[/name] - I really love [name]Sybil[/name]/[name]Sibyl[/name] for my own list but I absolutely love this, too. Part literary, sweet, you-can-find-it-everywhere [name]Isabella[/name], part [name]Sybil[/name], but it’s completely wonderful. I love it.

[name]Greta[/name] - I didn’t used to love it but it’s really grown on me since joining Nameberry. Unpredictable, but still sweet and classic.

[name]Violet[/name] - becoming (if it isn’t already) very mainstream, but I still love it. I hadn’t really expected to see it on your list, but I absolutely love it. It’s on my own short list.

[name]Camilla[/name] - love. [name]Camilla[/name]/[name]Camille[/name] is so refreshing to see, girly, pretty. I like [name]Milla[/name] as a nn, too, even though I personally prefer something like [name]Callie[/name] or [name]Millie[/name]. I would actually just use [name]Camilla[/name], though…

[name]Eliana[/name] - I love -iana names, and I really like [name]Eliana[/name], but I absolutely can’t stand [name]Ellie[/name], personally, so it never makes it to my list. I think it fits perfectly with your other favorites, though.

[name]Amelia[/name] - the only one on your list I’m not that crazy about. I’ve never really loved [name]Amelia[/name]. It’s classic and charming but just doesn’t appeal to me, I guess. I absolutely love [name]Emilia[/name], but I don’t see that fitting as well on your list.

[name]Iris[/name] - love. It’s very striking and strong. I prefer it as a MN, but I would be pleased to meet a little [name]Iris[/name], too.

[name]Evangeline[/name] - love. It seems a little long compared to your other favorites, but I still love it, and prefer it to just [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eva[/name].

[name]Esme[/name] - love. It has a lovely meaning and has charm to match.

[name]Beatrice[/name] - my second least-favorite (if that makes sense) from your list. It’s grown on me a lot in the past month but I’ve always really hated it–it just didn’t have any personality or sweetness to me. It kind of felt like a wet noodle, haha, but now I’m starting to see some of its sweetness. It’s still not my favorite, but I might kind of like it now…

[name]Rose[/name] - third-least-favorite… [name]Rose[/name] is pretty and charming just like the flower, but it’s always felt a bit overrated to me. Since I’ve realized it can honor my sister, it’s started to grow on me, but I still don’t love it…

[name]Sybella[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Camilla[/name], and [name]Evangeline[/name] are my favorites, but I would take [name]Iris[/name] as a mn for any of them any day. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Wow - I love your list!

[name]Sybella[/name] - love this, it’s so rare and flowing! I also like [name]Sibyl[/name] and [name]Sibylla[/name]. And a similar name, [name]Sabella[/name], is on my favourites list. I thought long and hard about [name]Sibylla[/name] because I want to avoid the [name]Bella[/name] nickname for [name]Sabella[/name]. But last week I decided I like [name]Sabella[/name] best. Would you be avoiding the [name]Bella[/name] nickname, or embracing it?

[name]Margaret[/name] nn [name]Greta[/name] - prefer [name]Greta[/name] as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name], very cute. [name]Greta[/name] sounds like a nickname you would have to use frequently before people call her [name]Maggie[/name] (which is also cute, but [name]Greta[/name] is prettier.) I used to hate the name [name]Margaret[/name], but these days I like it. I probably wouldn’t use it because of how I used to dislike it. I like the nickname [name]Gretchen[/name] when it’s pronounced the proper [name]German[/name] way (sort of like “gray-chyen”), but in the UK I probably wouldn’t be able to get anyone to do that. Wah.

[name]Violet[/name] - a favourite, very classic and charming! [name]Viola[/name]'s one of my personal favourites.

[name]Camilla[/name] nn [name]Milla[/name] - I like this; [name]Milla[/name] is much prettier and more feminine than [name]Cam[/name] as a nickname.

[name]Eliana[/name] - NMS, but it’s OK. I don’t like the nickname [name]Ellie[/name], but I like the idea of [name]Elle[/name], [name]Lia[/name], [name]Liana[/name] or [name]Ana[/name] as a nickname, or even just [name]Eliana[/name]. I would pronounce this el-ee-AAH-na, rather than el-ee-AN-a, so am I saying it wrong?

[name]Amelia[/name] - Like, but prefer [name]Amalia[/name].

[name]Iris[/name] - another favourite! Soft-sounding, pretty and peaceful.

[name]Evangeline[/name] - NMS, but sweet and underused. It would make a fresh middle name.

[name]Esme[/name] - lovely, but prefer Esmée.

[name]Beatrice[/name] - like the Italian pronunciation (beh-ah-trree-cheh), but not the English one

[name]Rose[/name] - also very pretty. I like it as a nickname for [name]Rosalia[/name] or [name]Rosalie[/name].

Three favourites: [name]Iris[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Sybella[/name].
Least favourite: [name]Beatrice[/name] (it’s not a bad name at all, just NMS)

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] is a combo I just came up with. Or how about [name]Rose[/name] [name]Eliana[/name]? :slight_smile:

[name]Sybella[/name] - I picture a diabolical vampiress/sorceress for some reason. I guess it just sounds kind of sinister to me.
[name]Greta[/name] - sounds sweet and friendly. I could like it.
[name]Violet[/name] - despite its mainstream rise, I still like it. Almost a go-to middle name though.
[name]Camilla[/name] - sweet and pretty without being too frilly.
[name]Eliana[/name] - not a fan of -iana names, really. A bit too vowel heavy for me.
[name]Amelia[/name] - all I can think of is [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Bedelia[/name], that I think it kind of sounds fussy/sissy.
[name]Iris[/name] - absolutely dislike mostly due to a somewhat personal association.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - kind of like it, but it seems like a bit of a mouthful.
[name]Esme[/name] - At some point, I just got sick of hearing it…
[name]Beatrice[/name] - too stuffy for my tastes.
[name]Rose[/name] - pretty, but don’t like it as a middle name.

[name]Sybella[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like it. Seems made up and I don’t like most belle/bella names anyways.
[name]Greta[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it! I think it’s cute and spunky but still works great as she gets older.
[name]Violet[/name] - My cousin named her daughter this and she is adorable! I didn’t like it at first TBH but it’s really grown on me.
[name]Camilla[/name] - It’s ok.
[name]Eliana[/name] - Too cutesy for my taste (ellie + ana = eternal little girl [name]IMO[/name]).
[name]Amelia[/name] - I like it.
[name]Iris[/name] - Meh, don’t really like it.
[name]Evangeline[/name] - I don’t really like this name, sorry.
[name]Esme[/name] - It’s nice, just NMS.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like.
[name]Rose[/name] - It’s ok. Prefer [name]Rosalie[/name] but that’s not really a favorite either TBH.

[name]Sybella[/name] :: [name]Love[/name] this one. Old fashioned but quite a stunner
[name]Greta[/name] :: Like it on its own, but if [name]Margaret[/name] is honouring someone for you, I like that for you.
[name]Violet[/name] :: Bit too old lady for me. I don’t know why I picture and old lady with this name though
[name]Camilla[/name] :: I find this one pretty, and not as old as [name]Violet[/name], but still old fashioned.
[name]Eliana[/name] :: Another stunner!
[name]Amelia[/name] :: Bit too popular for me
[name]Iris[/name] :: [name]One[/name] of the nicer flower names in my opinion
[name]Evangeline[/name] :: I could never get behind this name
[name]Esme[/name] :: This one either
[name]Beatrice[/name] :: [name]Lovely[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] :: It’s overdone to me. I know quite a lot of girls with [name]Rose[/name] in the middle and quite a lot of grandmothers named [name]Rose[/name]

My top three are [name]Sybella[/name], [name]Eliana[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] in that order with [name]Camilla[/name] in the fourth spot
My bottom three are [name]Rose[/name], [name]Esme[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name] in that order with [name]Violet[/name] in the fourth spot

I love [name]Eliana[/name], though I prefer [name]Elliana[/name] with nn [name]Elli[/name]. I also really like [name]Esme[/name] & [name]Camille[/name].

I like all of your names except [name]Esme[/name]. Favorites - [name]Greta[/name], [name]Camilla[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name].

I lov [name]Sybella[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Eliana[/name], [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Rose[/name]. [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Sybella[/name] are my favourites.

The only three I’m not keen on myself are [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Esme[/name] and [name]Sybella[/name] as I find them rather heavy and dated. I would definitely prefer just [name]Greta[/name] to [name]Margaret[/name]. My favourites here would be [name]Evangeline[/name] and [name]Iris[/name].

The only one I don’t like is [name]Eliana[/name]. It is so forgettable in my opinion.

Favourites:
[name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Sybella[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]

The others are all okay too, I just like these better.