Girl's name is picked, need help with a boy's name? UPDATED

See the results of this poll: Pick your favorite…

Respondents: 44 (This poll is closed)

• Crosby William: 1 (2%)
  • Jett William: 2 (5%)
  • Greyson William: 13 (30%)
  • Liam Matthew: 5 (11%)
  • Carson William: 2 (5%)
  • Hudson William: 3 (7%)
  • Finnian mn?: 1 (2%)
  • Phineas mn?: 15 (34%)
  • Finley William: 2 (5%)

[quote=“mamagrace”]We have decided to name our baby [name]Finnley[/name] [name]Willow[/name] if we have a girl, but we are still in need of a boy’s name. I have some contenders, but none of them seem like the one. We will find out the gender in a couple of weeks, so it may be a non-issue afterall, but it is driving me crazy that we don’t have a boy’s name selected. Please let me know what you think of these names, and which is your favorite and why. If you have other suggestions please feel free to suggest away!!

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name] (same as [name]Jett[/name])
[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] (afraid that [name]Jett[/name] is too young and won’t age well)
[name]Wilson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (not so sure of the nn [name]Will[/name] though)
[name]Pheonix[/name] [name]William[/name] (is this too out there?) It’s spelled [name]Phoenix[/name].
[name]Maverick[/name] [name]William[/name] (same as [name]Pheonix[/name])
[name]Greyson[/name] [name]William[/name] (my hubby is unsure on this one)
[name]Tallon[/name] [name]William[/name] (unsure)
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] (hubby is on the fence) - I picked this one. [name]Liam[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] is very handsome, but the “m’s” run into each other.

[name]Carson[/name] [name]William[/name] (hubby is on the fence)

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name]: I think it has a nice flow, but [name]Crosby[/name] reminds of [name]Bing[/name] [name]Crosby[/name], [name]Bill[/name] Cosby, and [name]Crosby[/name], Stills & [name]Nash[/name]. I love [name]William[/name]!

[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name]: I love [name]William[/name], but [name]Jett[/name] feels very trendy to me, and I can’t see it on a grown man.

[name]Wilson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]: I love [name]Wilson[/name], but if you don’t like the sound of [name]Will[/name], it may not be the best choice. So far, this is my favorite on your list. :slight_smile: I think it’s very handsome.

[name]Pheonix[/name] [name]William[/name]: [name]Do[/name] you mean [name]Phoenix[/name]? I’d definitely spell it [name]Phoenix[/name]. I think it has a nice flow, but it’s a bit out there to me.

[name]Maverick[/name] [name]William[/name]: With [name]Maverick[/name], I only think of the movie and the annoying (well, annoying to me) slogan from [name]John[/name] McCain’s campaign.

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]William[/name]: It feels trendy to me, and the ending sounds are very similar to me.

[name]Tallon[/name] [name]William[/name]: Because it’s an actual word, [name]Talon[/name], I’d spell it this way. Because I can’t help but think of its meaning (a claw), I like some of your others more.

[name]Liam[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]: I love [name]Liam[/name], but not with [name]Matthew[/name], because the M in [name]Liam[/name] and the M in [name]Matthew[/name] cancel each other out when I say the combo out loud (it sounds like [name]Liam[/name] Atthew).

What about using [name]William[/name] as a first name, with the nickname of [name]Liam[/name]?

[name]Carson[/name] [name]William[/name]: It feels pretty trendy to me, and the endings sound very similar. What about [name]Carson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]?

I’m voting for [name]Wilson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name], and I also love [name]Liam[/name]. :slight_smile:

No er endings, right?

[name]Abbott[/name] ([name]Abe[/name])
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Coleman[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hayes[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Jameson[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Lawson[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Teague[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]

I think the names that don’t end in N sound less matchy with [name]Easton[/name].

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name], mamagrace!

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name] - I kind of like [name]Crosby[/name], but I worry that it either sounds feminine or sounds like a cool pet name…

[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name] - This combination seems harsh, and I’m not in love with [name]Jett[/name] for a child or a grown man.

[name]Wilson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - Well, I like [name]Will[/name], but I don’t care for [name]Wilson[/name]. It seems like the name of an older man retiring in [name]Florida[/name] for some reason (don’t ask!)…

[name]Pheonix[/name] [name]William[/name] - Well, firstly, [name]Phoenix[/name] is spelled like this! So, please spell it correctly if you use it! I don’t know if you are trying to honor the city in [name]Arizona[/name] or the mythological creature, but either way, it sounds slightly feminine, and definitely out-there for me. Then again, it fits with the place name craze!

[name]Maverick[/name] [name]William[/name] - I think [name]Maverick[/name] is really cool, honestly, even though it is definitely unique and out there. Perhaps you could name him [name]William[/name] [name]Maverick[/name] (not the best flow, [name]Henry[/name] [name]Maverick[/name] would be better) and call him [name]Maverick[/name]?

[name]Greyson[/name] [name]William[/name] - So very popular, and I don’t like this for a grown man. It doesn’t seem serious enough, even though I know that there will be tons of grown [name]Greyson[/name]'s in 20 years…

[name]Tallon[/name] [name]William[/name] - [name]Tallon[/name] is a rather harsh name. I’m not loving it. But, at least by pairing it with [name]William[/name] it balances a bit (e.g., [name]Tallon[/name] [name]Marcus[/name] = [name]Tally[/name] [name]Mark[/name] = awkward nickname)

[name]Liam[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] - Popular, and the names run into one another.

[name]Carson[/name] [name]William[/name] - I like this the best. [name]Carson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name] would also be great!

You may also like [name]Trace[/name], [name]Tripp[/name], [name]Reid[/name], [name]Joel[/name], [name]Aiden[/name], [name]Carter[/name], [name]Connor[/name], [name]Rosco[/name], [name]Ross[/name], [name]Luther[/name], [name]Archer[/name], [name]Anderson[/name], [name]Levi[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], or [name]Bennett[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice and the suggestions. [name]Jill[/name], thanks for remembering my son’s name and the -er ending issue. I am glad someone pointed out the [name]Maverick[/name] / McCain correlation, I will strike that one off the list. I agree that [name]Phoenix[/name] is too out there ( spelled it wrong before), and the claw visual with [name]Tallon[/name] bothers me too. I love the name [name]William[/name] with the nn [name]Liam[/name], but hubby says no.
Here are some of the suggestions that I liked:
[name]Abbott[/name](any nn ideas for this name?)
[name]Everett[/name] (any nn ideas for this name?)
[name]Griffin[/name] (I love this name and think it is great that people suggest it, the problem is that it’s one of my dog’s names)
[name]Hudson[/name] (but we don’t like the nn Hud, do you see that being an issue?)

[name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name]- I think it will age alright.
[name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name]- It’s cute but I do have a hard time picturing an adult with the name.
[name]Phoenix[/name] [name]William[/name]- [name]Phoenix[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds nice, just make sure you spell it correctly.
[name]Wilson[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]- I think it’s cute. I like the nickname [name]Will[/name]. I think it’s sort of unavoidable but you can do your best to limit it if you don’t like it.
[name]Maverick[/name] [name]William[/name]- I really don’t like [name]Maverick[/name], at all.
[name]Greyson[/name] [name]William[/name]- I don’t care for [name]Greyson[/name].
[name]Liam[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]- Adorable, although I can see the problem with the m’s.
[name]Carson[/name] [name]William[/name]- I like it. I prefer it to [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Tallon[/name] [name]William[/name]- It makes me think of bird claws.
[name]Abbott[/name]- I think [name]Abe[/name] could work, even though it has a different sound.
[name]Everett[/name]- Rett or Ev
[name]Hudson[/name]- I like it on it’s own, no nn. Hud or [name]Sonny[/name] are the only nickname possibilities that come to mind.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: He says no to [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name]? :frowning:

[name]Abbott[/name] could be called [name]Abe[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] could be [name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]: It’s such a short name, and I think he could get by without getting called Hud. I think it’s really cool…

[name]Griffin[/name] is your doggie? Wait! [name]Aren[/name]'t you naming your baby girl [name]Finley[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think that the [name]Fin[/name] parts of both names will be a source of confusion? (I thought I’d mention it, just in case.) :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Everett[/name] could just be Ev.

I love [name]Wilson[/name] but agree if you don’t like [name]Will[/name] then it’s probably not for you. On the other hand, you don’t have to call him [name]Will[/name] - [name]Wilson[/name] is not a long name to say. I like [name]Carson[/name] too (although maybe better with [name]Matthew[/name] as middle) and you would probably not use a nn with that one (Cars??).

[name]Crosby[/name] is ok and is probably the one of your “out there” options that will grow up the best (I’m thinking of [name]Jett[/name], [name]Phoenix[/name], [name]Talon[/name], etc.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: He says no to [name]William[/name] nn [name]Liam[/name]? :frowning:

[name]Abbott[/name] could be called [name]Abe[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] could be [name]Rhett[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]: It’s such a short name, and I think he could get by without getting called Hud. I think it’s really cool…

[name]Griffin[/name] is your doggie? Wait! [name]Aren[/name]'t you naming your baby girl [name]Finley[/name]? [name]Do[/name] you think that the [name]Fin[/name] parts of both names will be a source of confusion? (I thought I’d mention it, just in case.) :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :-)[/quote]

I hadn’t thought too much about the [name]Griffin[/name], [name]Finley[/name] correlation. I think they are different enough that they won’t get too confused. Hopefully she (or he) will like sharing part of their name with their furry brother. I know I would have loved that as a child.

[/quote]

[name]Just[/name] found out we will have our ultrasound on [name]Monday[/name]. We are so excited to see if this is a boy or a girl. We waited to find out with [name]Easton[/name], but are looking forward to knowing ahead of time with this one. I’ll update you all when we find out the news.

[name]Liam[/name] is my pick, not sure of pairing with [name]Matthew[/name] though.

[/quote]

[name]Just[/name] found out we will have our ultrasound on [name]Monday[/name]. We are so excited to see if this is a boy or a girl. We waited to find out with [name]Easton[/name], but are looking forward to knowing ahead of time with this one. I’ll update you all when we find out the news.[/quote]

Had the ultrasound today, and IT’S A BOY!! Looks like the search continues for a boy’s name.

I voted [name]Phineas[/name]. Congrats on a Boy :slight_smile:

[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Bradley[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Linden[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Joel[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Sean[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Mitchell[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Timothy[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Taylor[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Jared[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Saul[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Taine[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Jeremy[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Jordan[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Troy[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Easton[/name] & [name]Keegan[/name]

[name]Phineas[/name] got my vote, as it is, to be frank, awesome. Handsome and unusual - I love it! I think [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Charles[/name] would be nice, or [name]Phineas[/name] [name]Jett[/name]. [name]Phineas[/name] [name]James[/name] is handsome, too.

[name]Finnian[/name] would be my second choice ([name]Finley[/name] feels like it’s starting to get popular). Have you considered [name]Finnegan[/name]? You seem to like last names as first names, and this includes the finn sound …

Good luck!